Finger cots for steroid application??

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anybody use latex finger cots to apply their steroid cream? ive only recently heard about them but wasnt sure if latex was okay to use with this condition??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I haven't used anything on my fingers, but I think it's probably a good idea because the skin and nail on the fingers I use to apply have noticeable changes in them from the applications. You can always apply with other types of gloves which are latex free if you have a latex allergy.

Best Regards,

Marnie

• Posted

I just use my bare fingers and wash them thoroughly with soap and nail brush. don't seem to have a problem

• Posted

I wash my hands before i use and after and have done since 1999. No problems ever experienced

• Posted

Wow, deb. That's long time using steroids and of dealing with LS. Have there been any negative effects from using it? And more importantly how has your body fared with the LS?

I have noticed just this week that the cotton fabric of several pairs of underwear are actually disintegrating. Don't remember this ever happening to underwear before. Have been using both hormone cream and steroid ointment for the past 8 months so I don't know if one or the other has caused it. The steroid I use is not clob but a somewhat milder one.

I can't say I always remember to wash my hands before applying it, but I do after applying. But as I've been using the same tube for 8 months I am not using much of it. Same re the hormone cream.

• Posted

you need to refresh your cream. no cream should be on the go for 8 months.

many types of creams stain you hands or fingernails whether you wash or don't wash your hands.

just buy a box from Amazon. £6 and you have over 100 of them. well worth the cost.

• Posted

I do use coconut oil, vaseline and vit E now & then. Tried an essential oil blend which burned horribly so I have been reluctant to try emuaid. Have never heard of dripisone or paw paw. I'm in the US so maybe names are different.

• Posted

i used clobetesol for five years. These days it is just paw paw ointment and dripisone if i feel a flare up coming on. I never go a day without something on there. Vitamen E capsule cut open and massaged in is great too. Yes, I go through a ton of knickers too

• Posted

to be honest it would be better buying yourself a box of disposable gloves...latex or non latex which ever you are not allergic to.

just the other day i put on my SYNLAR CREAM , washed my hands and still managed to dye my fingernails yellow !

It does wash off eventually but it is irksome ! Not all creams do this but when it does ...!,!,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.