Fingernail troubles

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I’m a 35 year old female and was diagnosed with Raynaud’s about 7 years ago, but suffered with it long before that. I live in a warm climate, but still struggle on a daily basis. I have a lot of issues with my fingernails: weak, vertical ridges, rough thin cuticles. I assume that this is probably from the Raynaud’s, but haven’t had it confirmed by my doctor. I’m wondering if anyone else has these symptoms and is there anything you’ve done to successfully improve nail health. Thanks!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi ashyoder you are not alone i also suffer with brittle wavey nails. I try not to soak Them in water no longer than 15 mins, keep medium length and filefilefile and also moisturise the cuticle area. I also have ridged nails i think the longer we have attacks the more damage done as Time Goes on unfortunatly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.