Fingers crossed I might be getting somewhere 😊

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all 😊

I've posted previously on here after suffering with awful pain and suspected gall stones.

Although struggling with bad pain tonight I'm feeling positive this week. I had a ct scan with and without contrast last night (unfortunately had a mild reaction to the contrast) and got a cancellation for my endoscopy so ill be having that tomorrow! I have to admit I'm so nervous especially seen as I can only have the throat spray due to it being an evening appointment 😣

I'm so relieved I don't have to wait for my original appointment (30th June! ) as my symptoms are getting worse. At the moment I have the usual pain in my right side radiating up my back towards my shoulder, but I also have pain across my upper back and a milder cramping pain in my left side. I also have pain in my mid/upper abdomen tonight too. The amount of different food I can eat is getting less where things I was ok with a week ago now cause my pain to worsen. Nausea is really becoming an issue and my children have noticed sometimes my eyes go slightly yellow (my bilirubin levels were slightly elevated last blood test) I have also noticed lately I've been getting a bit of reflux and burping a little more lately which I've never had before. Is this still sounding like gall stones? I'm hoping the endoscopy comes back clear tomorrow so I can get taken seriously about my gall bladder everyone seems convinced it's that apart from the hospital

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh Lord, Im so glad mine is OUT !!  Mine hit me like a ton of bricks alittle over 2 weeks ago. I had just TERRIBLE pain like you discribe,  I had no idea what was even wrong with me until  I decided it was time to see my Doc.  she suspected gallbladder, I never knew anything about gallbladder symtoms.  I was gonna wait 4 days to have a CT scan but 2 days later the pain was so severe I had to have my nephew take me to ER and I had a ulta sound , and that next day I had my GB removed.  I suffered TERRIBLE post op pain. like a knife stuck in my back,,  the pains and burn sensations were horrible. Im glad I will NEVER haft to go through that pain agan.  today is the firast day after about 7 that I don't hurt.  sleeping was impossibe, I slept or TRIED to in my recliner.   Loed what an awful experience
  • Posted

I had reflux with my gallstones. Supposedly the Gerd is gone now, but I'm skeptical since I'm still having tummy trouble and esophagus problems. Had my gallbladder out in March. Yes Alison, it sounds like gallbladder problems, and if you are turning yellow, you need to go to hospital and have it out ASAP. 
  • Posted

I've been struggling for 8 weeks now back and forth to gp and hospital really ill and in lots of pain. I've already lost a stone leaving me at a not so health 6st 12 😕 unfortunately because the ultrasound showed no stones but a slightly dilated bile duct the hospital refused to believe it was gall bladder saying it was stomach/duodenum infection and said they wouldn't do anything until I had endoscopy 😕 I hope the ct scan shows something and when I speak to the consultant after the endoscopy tomorrow I will be on my way to a proper diagnosis 😊 the yellowing is off and on in my eyes so I'm thinking maybe a stone intermittently blocking something and it is only slight, not noticeable til I point it out so I've always felt they'd tell me I was being silly if I went to docs/gp. Wow mark that was quick! I've read horror stories on here of people waiting years to get diagnosed! Glad you're on your way to recovery! And I hope you're feeling better soon debbie 😊 I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy! X
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm actually having other medical issues, so searching for a cause as well. Good luck, will be thinking of you, and hope you get diagnosed and treated quickly! 
  • Posted

Hi Alison .... it really sounds like gallstones to me ..... you have all the classicsymptoms .... I had mine out a year last April - so relieved its gone as my pain was getting progressively worse and my diet was very bland.  I too lost a lot of weight ..... hope something positive comes from having the endescope xx
  • Posted

Hi all thank you for your replies 😊 just resting now after endoscopy and all I can say is its not an experience I ever want to go through again! Not only did I have a mild reaction to the contrast earlier this week, I had the throat spray ready for the endoscopy keeping calm or trying and the throat spray didn't work! I felt every last bit of the examination constant retching etc etc. Got up sorted myself out and then realised that not one bit of my mouth/throat was numb at all. The entire time I thought I was just being a big baby while the nurses were calming me and they just looked at me in shock when I said nothing was numb.... looks like I'm just that awkward patient 😂 on the plus side as much as I feel pretty fragile right now everything was perfectly normal so focus now goes back to my gall bladder (and I can shove my discharge sheet in the next A&e nurses face that tells me it's stomach/duodenum related 😉) calling docs next week to find out the next step I'm guessing HIDA scan just want this sorting now this is out of the way. 2 nights with no sleep this week because of pain and I bet what I've ate in total would mirror a standard 1 days worth of food for a healthy person.... I'm glad so many of you are on the road to recovery it gives me hope that I'll get there soon! 😊
    • Posted

Oh Alison, you poor thing: I had an endescope but I had a calming injection, and even then I wouldn't want another one .... ever.   I hope you get everything sorted out ..... sending you best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.