Finish with citalopram 20mg after 2 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello could someone tell me how to reducing the dosage after 2 month taking.I want to stop taking it.Many thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pavol, 

You should probably stay on it. 2 months is a very short time. But if you do have to go off it, people recommend lowering the dose over a period of time. 

I haven't gone off it yet, so can't really advise. But I know there have been discussions on it previously that you may be able to find. 

Agirl x

• Posted

Thanks,the citalopram its dosent helping me with my problem im more bad like before i start taking rolleyes
  • Posted

I suggest asking your doctor, people on here are not experts and have different experiences, you must be very carefull coming off them and your doctor will work with you as to the best plan :-) good luck, they did. to agree with me.... But I just stopped as only managed a week! 
  • Posted

Meant they did not agree with me (the pills) 

bloody predictive typing!

• Posted

I agree with the advice of talking to your GP. I cold turkey on citalopram after 2 months and it was awful. As I say ask your GP.
  • Posted

my GP say take 10mg for 2-3 weeks and then every other day for 2-3 weeks.Im just ask if its ok?

• Posted

Yes go with your doctor advice, that sounds fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.