finished 3 month on celexa yeterday and stil haveing side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I finished 3 month on Celexa yesterday and still have side effects is that normal this long in on this meds ?????

Mornings are still the worse with anxiety attack, shakes , fear to stay this way and not ever being me again 😢

also headache come and go so does nausea still but light head feels weird dizzy drunk kind of feeling also some days tingling though my hole body starting in my head then goes to hand all the way down to my feet anyone ells getting this ???? Please let me know if u do it is scaring me

yes still cry , does tingling feeling go after 20 to 40 minutes

so this is to everyone on the blogs please answer me back scared still being like this

help help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hello,

I am in week 10 on 20mg and currently dealing with a blip over the last couple days. My understanding is that this is normal stuff. The mornings are significantly worse than the rest of the day it seems like to me as well. I also have a direct connection between my anxiety and my digestive system. When I start feeling bad it effects my appetite in a major way, at times I can't eat at all. It also causes me a lot of strange sensations in my abdomen including pains and cramping. These things are just to name a couple. It does so much that it can be very frightening. However, I am starting to see big improvements overall. I have been told it can even take 6 months to fully get through and start feeling better. Have you seen any signs of relief at all throughout the process?

• Posted

Hi

thank u for ur response back so quick

I'm on only 5mg because I'm so secetive on all meds not matter what it sucks sorry for my french

also have lorazapam to help me with the anxiety attacks

yes I hurt about blips and good and bad days just gets scary when they come and they make u think u stay this way because the anxiety tells u so . I had a good day like 3 days ago out of are house and driving ☺ next day bad until now . Yes I read that mornings are the worse I seen katecogs say on the blogs it was the last to go with her . Yes I have seen better in the time on being on the meds like the side effects are not as strong but still show up the anxiety is not yelling bad things @ me all day long anymore and still cry but not all day long like I have been . Go walking again doing stuff in the house but still not me yet with energy and wants . So tired to still be like this when will it stop and balance out

• Edited

5mg is an extremely low dose, but if it's working and you're seeing improvement I say try to push forward and keep letting it work. I know it can be excruciating at times, but it's all we can do. Keep in mind this feeling is only temporary and it will get better.

• Posted

Hi

thanks for ur response back and yes low dose but that's what Dr put me on because sensetive to all meds

yes u right staying on it not messing with it ☺ but it is a long time and so slow working meds

can't wait to be me again hope I will be getting there

when I get hit with high anxiety it tells me no

again thank you hope to hear back from u again

• Edited

i, too, am on a low dose.....just worked up to about 7.5mg. after 6 months i am still up and down and I think i need to work up my dose more. i increase by 2.5mg every other day at the moment to mininise awful side effects.

it really is awful isn't it but everyone says the key to getting better is also trying to learn to live with it & not fear it.....easier said than done.

• Posted

Hi

thank you for ur response back

no not going to mess with my dose as I am seeing things happening just need to wait it out ☺ not fun but need to

• Edited

i understand completely. it really is a hard waiting game isn't it. i wish I could get the old me back, too. i withdraw from a lot of things when i feel like this and I know it doesn't help - I can't face friends easily or busy places.

mornings are the hardest and lately, I've struggled with evenings too but this may be because I increased 2 weeks ago by 2.5mg. it's hard to know what is what anymore.

some amazing advice on here which sometimes keeps me going.

the negative thinking is awful, too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.