Firm, non movable lymph node? No illness ??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, last week I found a lump on my neck, I assume its a lymph node, its in the occipital region, so the base of my skull, top of my neck. It is firm, and non movable. Felt a bit like a mild bruise. Unsure how long it was there for, but of course when i found it, i kept touching it and over the next day or 2 it swelled to about 5x the size and I got antibiotics. No fever at all. Just the large, painful swelling. I haven't had a sore throat, or a cold, a cough, tooth pain, scalp infection, absolutely nothing that could have caused it? I've finished the antibiotics now, the swelling has gone, but the lymph node is still there. Still very firm (feels the same as if i press on my skull) and does not move. Doesn't hurt either. I go back to my dr on Friday to follow up. Anyone else experience this and it not be anything bad? I'm 29 years old. Its about the size of a grape. Also about 2 weeks ago i yawned and somehow pulled a muscle under my tongue on the same side as this lymph node, that was incredibly painful and still feels a bit bruised, could this be related? I'm very fatigued, but I have 4 kids so I dunno if its just normal mum tiredness. I had 2 naps today, after sleeping 9 hours last night and cannot wait to get back in bed.

Probably overthinking things as usual lol

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What did your doctor say at your follow up visit? I have a swollen lymph node in the same area, and I am unsure what may have caused it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.