First Anniversary for LEFT KNEE!!!🙌😁😊🙌

Posted , 17 users are following.

Well folks, it is ONE WHOLE YEAR since I had my Total Knee Replacement on my first knee!

It sure has been QUITE the learning experience!

Since then, my right knee joined the party, and I have had TWO "good knees" since last October.

I must say that for me, the surgeries changed my life. For five years previously I was headed down Pain Road with NO CHANCE of relief unless I jumped on the surgery bandwagon and just went for it.

I am VERY happy that I got on that wagon...TWICE!

Today is not only the first anniversary of LEFT KNEE; it is the 40th wedding anniversary for my husband and me. (Yes, we spent our 39th anniversary last year "celebrating" in the recovery room and hospital room following my TKR!)

TODAY is NO recovery room, NO hospital room, NO IV pole or medication, NO nausea, NO tourniquet "Steak Knife" pain, and NO first standing up after surgery!????????

Today IS breakfast together at Scrambler Marie's, a ride to Erie, Pennsylvania to WALK along the walkway and beaches of Presque Isle, a nice dinner, and seeing Independence Day at the movies. Ahhhh! Looking forward to walking along the beautiful shores of Lake Erie with no KNEE PAIN! ????

Here's to ALL of us in various stages of recovery from the operation that brought us all together here on this forum! ??????????

Wishing us all continued good recovery and many happy pain-free days! ??

6 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Happy happy anniversary, to the knees and to the marriage. The knee bone is connected to the marriage bonerazz so good to see happy people. Enjoy my friend. Life is good. 

• Posted

Thanks so much! "Knee bone connected to the marriage bone"...LOVE THAT!??

Life IS a lot better when I am NOT focused on "Can I go there? I MIGHT have to STAND with no place to SIT!" It is GREAT to just be able to go DO normal things and enjoy them!

The surgeries were all-consuming for quite awhile there (??) , but the payoffs have definitely been worth it!

• Posted

Well congratulations and here's hoping the positive energy from this forum and your posts and successful post op and pt knees inspire us all thank you

• Posted

Thank you!😊

Over the last year I truly have found TREMENDOUS support from so many sources! My faith in God, my family and friends, and all my KNEE CLUB buddies here have helped me SO MUCH!

We are sure to help others when we tell our story and let others know we REALLY understand what they are going through! I am always amazed at the courage people have and am continually inspired when I hear of their journeys!

• Posted

Firstly Cheryl and hubby congrats on 40th anniversary. Then great news on ur continuing recovery. I want to thank you for all your advice you have given me over past 14weeks. Thus site is invaluable and made so with people like you. All the best for your continuing recovery and good health and hope u and hubby have a lovely day xxx
    • Posted

Thanks so much! We had a GREAT day!????Lots of fun at the beach, yummy food, good movie and TONS of appreciation that everything could REALLY be enjoyed because PAIN wasn't there SCREAMING and making trouble!

I'm glad that I have helped you! We are all in this together, and together we WILL make it!

We WILL!??

• Posted

Hi Cheryl

Congratulations !! Love your post! It is so very encouraging and uplifting . Thank you for helping me along my journey and for continuing to post . Happy Anniversary and have a Blessed day celebrating .

Debbie

• Posted

Thanks, Debbie!

You are welcome! ?? I think pain hurts less when you put a positive spin on things! With this surgery and the recovery that can be very slow and rough, sometimes LAUGHING at the absurdities of what just happened is just what a person needs!

Here's to positive thoughts flying all over the place!????????

• Posted

Congratulations, to the knees and marriage?? you've done amazingly well, I used your advice many times and you helped me go for it with my second knee when I wasn't too sure. I'm now 12 months left tkr and nearly 3 weeks right tkr and am looking forwards to pain free strolls on the beach. We are so very blessed having this forum to encourage and commiserate with each other, its saved my sanity a few times x

• Posted

Glad I was able to help!😁 Having two knees that work together without that awful radiating PAIN is important to share so that others can get there, too!

Having others who REALLY KNOW what we are dealing with is a true GIFT! I am continually learning from those who have gone before and are farther along in their recovery. They inspire me every day!

We will all get there!😊

• Posted

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! I have read lots of your messages to other people and to myself and your advice has always been good and with a positive vibe. I am only 4 weeks into this journey so have a long way to go but I know that with support and encouragement from everyone on this site we are all going to get there.xxx
    • Posted

Thanks, Susie!😊

You are headed to that six week mark that seems to be a real turning point. Keep thinking about how far you already have come, and give yourself credit for each little bit of progress!

Patience can be challenging, but know that you WILL find things getting easier in time.

This site is AMAZING! It has been a lifesaver for me, and I am continually grateful for lots of advice and support at all times of the day and into the night!

Yes, we WILL all get there!🙌😊😁🙌

• Posted

Happy Anniversaries and good luck for a long future of many more. Sounds like great way to celebrate. Thank you for all your positive encouragement and advice. You've been one of my favs from the start. cool

• Posted

Awwwww, thanks, Melinda!??

It was a fun day for us and especially fun compared to LAST YEAR'S anniversary which definitely had that "...OR WORSE" part of the wedding vows tucked in there, for SURE!??

My husband and and I met when we were TEN, began dating at TWELVE (loved those Friday roller skating evenings!), and have SO MUCH history together! We are "opposites attract" in so many ways, but somehow it really DOES work!????

Wishing pain to GO AWAY for each and every one of us here!

PAIN, PAIN, GO AWAY! ????????

DON'T COME BACK, ANY DAY!??????????

• Posted

Congratulations!!! I remember your early days so well (As Im sure you do as well!!) and youve always been so positive, bolstering others in their times of need, and over and above all your sense of humour and strength have shone through, giving me a lift on many an occasion! I hope you have a MUCH more enjoyable 40th Anniversary than your 39th was - but I guess youll never forget #39, huh?! 

Congratulations again, hope you have a lovely day xx

• Posted

Thanks for the sweet words!??

Yes, last year's anniversary was QUITE the event! It will DEFINITELY rank right up there with "Events Never to be Forgotten!"

I can honestly say, though, I was so focused on getting rid of the knees that were giving me SO MUCH PAIN, that I really WAS happy to move forward, think toward the future and just GO FOR IT! I had HAD IT with all that throbbing, aching PAIN!

I hope we all can eventually move past the pains and aches!????????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.