First attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my first diverticulitis attack. I've been on cipro and flagyl for 2 days now. I only have the Dr my symptoms and next week I have a CT. I also suffer from anxiety so this whole thing has me really worked up. I don't have the pains that I had because I did the liquid diet and I'm still afraid to eat much. I get weird twinges and my stomach feels bloated and sore. Mostly on the left side. Anyone else have bloating and sore? I haven't read much of that.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Lots of bloating... If It's your first ever episode, you might heal fast. Especiallyif you are young (less than 50). But be patient, take it slow.

• Posted

I developed anxiety and panic attacks when I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in Feb 2018. Horrible to have this on top of DD. Take a probiotics, Florastor is good. Drink a lot of water, cranberry juice, and soft foods, mashed potatoes and veggies, rice, white bread, small portions 3to 4 x a day. Beef bone broth is real good and tea. Antibiotics will make you feel crappy. So rest well, I lost 40 lbs due to being afraid to eat, and not knowing what to eat, I also do breathing exercises, meditation, mindfulness and yes the bloating really sucks, peppermint tea and gas x helped me. Heating pad and Tylenol. Make sure you see dietitian and have stool samples done, with anxiety it can make matters harder, so you need to rule out c- diff, SIBO, and IBS. I’m really sorry you are going through this it’s hard and it does take time, but you will get better. It’s all about lifestyle changes and eating. Take anxiety meds if your on any. For diarrhea I took Imodium, but only once cuz you don’t wanna get constipated. A lot of people here have used the Mayo Clinic diet. But see a dietitian if you can. I hated the bloating and pressure. So uncomfortable. I drank peppermint tea and a warm cup of water with 2 tbls apple cider vinegar. Did help some. Everyone is diff and you kinda gotta figure out what works for you. Prayers for a speedy recovery 🤗🙏🌺🌸

• Posted

Absolutely!  It takes quite awhile to let the antibiotics to work.  You will start feeling better soon.  Just have patience, watch your food choices and make sure you take a probiotic do your intestines will heal.  Only difyvfurt fit a few weeks to allow time to heal.  Use a crockpot.  It will make your meals soft.  Limit meat unless ground and no raw veggies, skins or seeds.  Take care.  It takes time to heal.  Don’t rush foods but you must eat.😘

• Posted

Thank you all for your help. I just had my first meal which was mashed tators and grilled chicken breast. Now I feel bloated again and I didn't even eat that much.

• Posted

I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I have had many flare ups. Having one right now. Went to the doctor on Monday running fever and tender spots in my stomach. They started me on Cipro and flagyl antibiotics. Still a little tender and fever but not as high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.