First attack

Posted , 1 user is following.

Wow, good morning, i'm so glad i've found you guys! 17 hours in a&e last friday in agony to be told diverticulitis, here's anti biotics now off you pop. such limited info on diet from hospital and such conflicting opinions on internet. would be really grateful for some answers from people living the dream. 5 days of anti biotics and still very aware of the pain in specific location - how long does it last? should i really be sleeping on and off all day when im expending absolutely minimal energy? was brave enough to have boiled egg and mayo sarnie yesterday but used white bread (yuk) instead of brown because its lower fibre. to fibre or not to fibre. so fed up of broth, consomme & slimfast shakes. should i start eating properly whilst still having discomfort? trying to limit codeine because of the dreaded constipation, taking movicol as prescribed and look like a pregnant woman (im 57, so that ship has sailed). surely if i dont eat "food", i wont poop, if i dont poop i remain fat, bloated and uncomfortable. any help, advice, telling off gratefully received xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.