first band fill

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. im going for my first band fill on monday just a quick question are you allowed to eat & drink before i go. Thank you jackie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie

No nothing to eat and only water before a fill.

Where are you going for the fill?

Good Luck x

• Posted

Hi Thanks for letting me know, im going to Bingley yorkshire clinc. bit nervous but excited at same time 7 weeks since i was banded.
  • Posted

i wasnt told not to but i never did eat or drink beforehand - i just kinda thought it might interfere with the fill if there was still food working it's way through but myu fills were always early in the morning so not sure what the rule would be if you did not have your fill until the afternoon - you would be best to ask how long before the fill you could eat and drink - after you have had a fill they generally get you to drink a small cup of water to ensure that it goes down ok - the procedure is nothing to be scared of - its straight forward and will be over and done with in a few mins - it hurts no more  than jagging yourself on a pin and that pin puncturing your skin - generally after a fill you will be given some advice with regards to what to eat in the period immediately following the fill - some fill providers stipulate liquids for up to a wk whereby others just advise 24 hrs but its important you stick with whatever advice you are given to get the best out of the procedure. you will probs need several small fills over the coming mths to build up restriction and after each one you should notice a slight difference and might have to relearn what you can and cannot eat - goodluck   
  • Posted

Hi. Thank you for your reply. i wasent told neigher this is why i ask.i do have a nutriitionalist that calls me every tuesday evening to c how i am doing and what foods im eating or any difficulties i may be having she did say i would be on liquids at least 3 days after my fill. just as well i may not feel any restriction with first fill as i go to france on 26th for 2 weeks so would be out of range of any help if i was struggling. i go at 12.30 for fill but i will survive LOL.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.