First band fill disappointment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I went for my first band fill on Saturday and it was a waste of time.

The nurse's bedside manner wasn't great (I'm so glad that I took a friend with me) and she couldn't do the fill.

After several attempts and lot's of poking me about she said that the port was too deep and they didn't have needles that long in their clinic.

Made me feel great that I'm too fat for their needles!

Very disheartened now

Nobody at the Hospital Group seems to know anything about it and when they called me they asked me why they were calling. Talk about poor communication skills.

Since then I have had no contact.

Anyone else had issues with their aftercare?

Feeling fed up

😦😔

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No. I have only recently had my band but I have dealt with the hospital group before and they were great with me. If I was you I would be ringing my patient care co ordinater. Good luck! X
    • Posted

I called them again this morning but they said they had no notes.

Agreed to call me back later.

Got to talk to them this afternoon and I have to go back in 3 weeks time to try again.

Fingers crossed that all goes well

• Posted

So have you not had a band fill

At all? Thats a disgrace considering the money youve paid for their services!

I would get back on to them

And insist your not waiting another month. Its not your fault the nurse couldnt do her job. How dissappointing for you.

I have to say, im rushed in and out within no time at all onband fills, even if i need to discuss anything theres no chance of that! Lol

Hope you get this sorted.

• Posted

No fluid in my band whatsoever!

I can eat what I like and as much as I like.

Worried about putting the 28lbs lost so far back on. 😕

If it doesn't work again I will have to wait another month before I can have it done under X ray.

Any issues I've had and I am the one chasing them.

When you do get to talk to someone they say they will call you back but never get around to it.

• Posted

Get them chased chicks! The band fill takes 10 mins which includes a chat with the nurse, they surely can't be that full to squeeze you in! X
  • Posted

I have now been and had a successful band fill

5mls put in.

No restrictions but on my way to getting it right.

Feeling a lot more positive

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.