First Bartholin abscess at 16

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, wanted to share my personal experience with bartholin cyst/abscess. I'm also only 16 so it was my first time having it. It all started last Sunday, when I felt kinda weird, did a checkup and found a small cyst on my vagina. I didn't think much of it and thought that oops just some ingrown hair or something. So next day it was painful and swollen, I would say a littlebit smaller than a golf ball. I would never let a doc drain it(too much pain) so I needed home remedies. I took some painkillers, made salt baths and bought tea tree oil. That abscess wasn't shrinking more like growing and growing. The pain was intence, like the skin was ripping, I couldn't really walk around. So I did all of that stuff for a week. Until next Tuesday (a week had passed since I got it) I read that onion slices would help, at that time I was in terrible pain and basically all day were crying. I tried it but nothing happened(people said theirs burst hours later). I left onion there for all night. On Wednesday I got my period, I showered in the morning but couple of hours later felt like I need to shower again, so went to shower and started feeling that really funky bad smell and boom it all just burst(sorry for that detailed information) so it burst and terrible smelly blood and pus came out(it was dark red coloured). At first it drained slowly but then suddenly like so much of it came out. So I sat in the shower for like 10 minutes, crying from happiness. But to my suprise not everything came out of it, littlebit still hurts and now it's more like squishy. But it's still draining so all good. I will keep up with showers/baths and will clean that place 3 times a day.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.