First biliary colic attack

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi please could someone advice me . I started with pain in my rib area spreading around to middle back 6 days ago . I went to accident and emergency on day 4 as i was still in pain . After lots of checks they said i have biliary colic. What i need advice on is even though the pain has gone down a little it is still painful and i am off work i feel really tired , will this pain ever go as the doctor at hodpital said i may never have an attack again and monitor it .I have no idea if this pain should have gone by now ?He said to follow a low fat diet . I would really appreciate any advice from anyone who has experienced this . Thankyou x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola.  had this issue on two occasions ands I completely rethought my diet. I now have a two minute porridge first thing, followed by a wholemeal bread sandwich or something like that at lunchtime with a dinner mainly comprised of vegetables and less of the meats etc. Havnt had anything since then although I initially noticed that small feelings of sensitivity diminished over a week.
  • Posted

Had the same thing..  YES..It will come back.. I had 3 attacks then went 6 years until my next one.. BUT IT CAME BACK..  What concerns me is you went 4 days with an attack???.. Mine would last 3-5 hours at most. Did they find stones??>  If a stone lodged in your duct it can be LIFE THREATING! Ultra sound can show stones.. If you have stones.. Get Gallbaldder OUT

• Posted

Thanks . They did not ultra sound me they gave me ecg ,chest xray and bloods plus an examination.They said to go back if inhad a raised temp,pale or paler stools or vomiting.
    • Posted

The pain has diminished somewhat but i can still feel it that is why i wondered how long it should last before i go back to docs as i have had no vomiting or pale stools x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.