First blood test

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I've been taking 25mg for a couple of months but still don't feel right. Slept most of yesterday and today. My blood test revealed my thyroid test was normal. I'm disappointed that I have to take medication every day yet still don't feel normal. Anyone else had similar problems?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What was the blood test value? It’s called TSH and your doctor must give it to you. Differentbdoctors have different ideas of what is ”normal”.  Needs to be below 4.

Then post the result here for better advice.  It can take a while to get the right dose, so bon’t get discouraged!

• Posted

I called reception and she said test was normal. Do you think I need to see the doctor for my levels?
    • Posted

Yes definitely. You need to discuss your symptoms and how you are not feeling well.

Ask them for your results with ranges. Some people will feel well being in the top of the normal range. Others well at the bottom end.

It does take a while to feel better. It took me 12 months to find my correct dose and optimal level

• Posted

That is a very low dose. Your TSH must not have been that.high or you have cardiac problems and they are starting low.as a precaution. Wouldn't expect anyone to feel improvement on 25mcg. Most likely they are expecting you to complain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.