First, can you point me in right direction, anal bleeding, fissure, but ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

68 year old male with non problematic hemorrhoids. No itching, no pain, just occasional swelling. Two years ago, sat down on toilet to PEE (easier than standing and aiming). When I got up, toilet bowl bright red and leaking blood. Never felt a thing. Used a napkin, issue went away in a few hours. A few months later, same situation. Blood in bowl and on floor. Napkin again, issue cleared up. There is NO PAIN, NO ITCHING, NO WARNING. It SEEMS like a blood vessel opens, blood shoots out as I can't feel anything. Anyone familiar with this? Suggestions or topics tor research? It just suddenly happened again. TIA

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry. I have no idea whsts going on. I would see a colorectal MD
  • Posted

It could be an internal hemmroid that started bleeding or could be a very mild anal fissure
    • Posted

Thanks. Hate to sound stupid, but I'm not very familiar with either. The bleeding does NOT seem to occur during any bowel movement. It's like all of a sudden blood is all over. Not painful, don't even know it's happening. Does seem like the blood spurts, doesn't drip. Seems to resolve in a few hours. Suggestions?

• Posted

Addition, the bleeding, fortunately or unfortunately, only occurs when sitting (which is also my preferred position for peeing)
    • Posted

Sorry for responding late. So does the bleeding only occur when you are sitting on the toilet? Believe or not, sitting on the toilet and pushing to pee or poop puts strain in that area. I would try standing up. Although uncomfortable for you, would put less strain in the area, and try squatting when pooping. When you squat, it helps the poop come out easier and allows you not to push as much. Give me an update when you have a chance.

Best,

Myles

• Posted

I have had a similar experience, lots of blood in the toilet, on the floor, dripping down my leg.

Happened twice without bowel movements, but mostly with a bowel movement. No pain, no itching, yes swelling of external hemorrhoids.  I am 61 yr old female.  Have a colonoscopy scheduled next month.  

Anxious to hear what you have learned? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.