first check up

Posted , 5 users are following.

just had my first check up after hip revision,replaced ball liner and lots of bone graft in the back of the cup and top of stem x rays ok havent had much pain finally on a cane and driving.bad part is he said it feels better than it is the bone grafts will take 1 to 2 years to heal if my body except it,use lots of caution and dont screw it up is the words he said thats a long time to worry about something.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It will pass much faster than you can imagine, I've been on crutches 3 years in june and it doesn't seem too be that long.

Ask to go hydro this will build up your muscles which will help keep the bones in place, are you on crutches at the moment

• Posted

that seems like a long time i hope you heal up im lucky its no worse than it is just need to be careful for a year or so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.