First day back at work while on sertraline!

Posted , 5 users are following.

All I got to say is O MY LORD!!!!! am absolutely f***ed! Had a few wobbles on my feet and had permanent lock jaw and now have tooth ache and pain behind my eye and headache! Had a couple of very short panic attacks that didn't mount into something they usually do so chuffed with that! But jeez am shattered! My pillow gonna get some serious head 2night lololol hope you all had a fantastic day 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin  well done you  first day done  it can only get better  feel proud of yourself  and remember   one day at a time    Have a good kip !!!
    • Posted

Thanks kathy! Bloody hot flushes and sweating since I got home frigging annoying this tablets! Get sooooo many side effects from sertraline
  • Posted

Well done Kevin...day one done so u have got over the biggest hurdle. As someone else said just take one day at a time otherwise u could get overwhelmed. Just remember u did it today and u will do it again..and again.  The tiredness will partly be after the tension u had built up just worrying about going back.  I always find that after I've been really tense..it's like the tension leaving ur body or something.  The sweats are absolutely dreadful (for me anyway)...main reason I'm trying to come off them now. Best wishes
  • Posted

Kevin, my doc said if I experienced lock jaw I should return to see him ASAP. 
    • Posted

Hi David..that's interesting ..I remember shortly after I started on them getting really strange worrying feeling in my jaw & could only open my mouth so far & no further.  This happened a couple of times and thankfully never happened again. I had actually forgotten about it. But I didn't know then that it had anything to do with the sertraline & it was never mentioned to me as being a side effect. It was quite frightening at the time
  • Posted

hi Kev, glad your first day went well if there was a little bit of a worrying time,you got through m8, ( lol at pillow thing ) smile  stay strong m8

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.