First day codine withdrawals

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Would be greatful of some advice on how to manage my symptoms coming off codine.

I've been addicted for Almost five years. I'm ashamed Ton say that I've let these tablets totally change and control me. I started off on strong cocodamol and which was perscribed but the doctor stopped it and I started to buy nurofen plus. Sometimes two packets per day which was 64 tablets.

I've been to rehab once and I relapsed with no support from my gp I am now desperate to rid myself of these tablets for good as I want my life back.

I am only on day one but I am more determined then ever. My main symptom is restless legs which I cannot stop and is the reason I allwyas go back to using.

I have never joined a forum before as I find it hard to admit the damage I've done and The drugged up mess that I've now become.

I'd be really grateful if someone could share some tips with me to get through this or if anyone is going through the same and would like someone to talk to and try and support them then I can do that.

I'm sorry if my post isn't easy to read i am finding it hard to

To concentrate.

Paul

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, the restless legs got me too. They were the main reason I kept going back but I found out that if you take a couple of relatively strong magnesium tablets half hour before bed it stops it and it did for me. It has worked for others too, I never thought it would help at first but they are amazing, no idea how they work but they do. I recommend giving those a try, I hope they do you some good.
    • Posted

Hi Neil

Thank you mate I really appreciate the advice and will try it out tonite.

Have you managed to stay off them then ?

Thanks

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.