First day nerves!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I found this website last night as I sat staring at the packet of pills I'd picked up yesterday, preparing my mind for starting taking them today - I was so daunted but the site seemed so friendly!

I'm 37, 5ft8, weigh 17.5 stone, size 22. I am brilliant yo yo dieter!! lose lots then put it all on again and need something to kick me back on to losing again as I'm back up to my heaviest.

Was excited about losing weight but terrified of the much publicised side effects. I have really taken on board all your advice about the grams of fat per day and per meal, have to see if that works. The downside is I'm not used to counting fat (normally look at calories or go back to old slimming world rules) so finding it confusing. Am currently scared to eat anything which doesn't have the exact fat labelled on the front! So have bought big book today which lists the fat content of everything known to man!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to you all, you've already been very helpful from reading old posts!

S xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya sarah!!

Welcome, we are a friendly bunch :D

Wish you all the luck

Good luck

sian

• Posted

Welcome Sarah

We are all in the same boat and this is a great motivator we all have good and bad days but hang on in there as this really does work!, I was 17st when I started at begining of easter and I am now down to 15st 10lbs :lol: :lol: :lol: ! stick with them and exercise too and you'll get there! good luck!

Olivegreen

• Posted

hey we seem about the same frame!

Have u taken them now? I was scared at first but no side effects yet apart from feeling thirsty more!

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT BEING SLIMMER!!!!!

GOOD LUCK XX

• Posted

Hi Newbies :D

You need to drink plenty of water. Like the others have said you wont get horri :x le side effectsif you stick to no more than 30g of fat per day (no one than 15 per meal).

Good luck & looking forward to hearing about your weight losses :D

• Posted

Thanks for all your messages, lovely to 'meet' you all.

Olivegreen - you've done so well already - that's inspiring!

Lauracharl - we'll have to race eacxh other downwards!

Started taking the pills yesterday, so far so good, still learning on the fat contents, but I know I'll get my head round that with time.

Will keep you all posted on progress!

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.