First Day Of Mirtazapine. Couldnt sleep.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I took my first dose of Mirtazapine  15mg. I took it at about 8. Didnt feel any different, althought my head felt a lot clearer. Forced myself to sleep at around 10pm. Woke up again at 1 am, feeling fully rested, slept again and woke up at 4am and 6 am. Is this normal?

I thought I finally would sleep a whole night.

Should I upp the dose?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you aware of its withdrawal symptoms?

Be aware and decide if you want to continue.

• Posted

I know about withdrawal from Mirt, and the side effects but I rather suffer weightgain and withdrawrals than feeling like jumping off a bridge most of the time...
  • Posted

hi llie the lower the dose the more seditive it is! try taking an hour before bed maybe lie in bed and read just after you have taken it. you have to work with them, its your 1st night will get better. hope that helps . julie x
  • Posted

Strangely I also took my first ever dose last night, around 1am as I work late. It kicked me out for about 12 hours on 7.5mg I felt like a zombie for a bit of the day but my head feels much clearer now
  • Posted

I would leave it at 15mg for a couple of weeks and see how you get on. I feel very lethargic in the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.