First Day of Orlistat :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Today is my first day and trying to work out either how many calories to have and grams of fat is driving me mad.

Can anyone advise me on roughly how many grams of fat a day to aim for? looking online it appears to be no more that 45g max?

Any advice greatfully received.

I have 4st to lose and want to be strong in getting through any tough times ahead.

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Trying using an app like MyFitnessPal - I've been using this for about 6 months and track all my food that way. It has an amazing database of food and drinks.
  • Posted

Ok, thanks! Will give it a go
  • Posted

Hi, you can have nothing with more than 5g of fat per 100g and roughly 1200-1400 calories. Also no more than 15g of fat in one meal.

Fitness pal app is brill you can track what your eating.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi, ok thanks for that. It's hard to know if your getting it right re calories & grams of fat for the tabs to work. Lost 2.5lbs so far so hopefully something is working though wish i could lose it all overnight lol.

How are you getting on?

• Posted

Hiya, I'm on week 3 and have lost 11lb so far, I weigh again on Thursday night at fat club!

As long as you read all packaging and its not over 5g you can't go far wrong. Not everyone counts calories some just watch the fat content. As I'm doing rosemary conely her diet plan is below 5g of fat but you calorie count too so I'm finding it really easy. You will get the hang of it I'm sure. Well if you've lost that already you're doing something rightsmile well done. X

• Posted

Hi, wow that's great! I'm terrible for weighing myself too often, as of today i have lost 4lb and at a stand still but at least it's going down.

I am mainly watching i don't go over 15g of fat per meal at the moment, the fear of the tablets is definitely putting me off eating any of the naughty foods.

Thankssmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.