First day of physio

Posted , 6 users are following.

first day out of bed after op yesterday had to use azimmer frame togetmyself tithe bathroom which wasn't too bad then had to do exercises said I done well but now bruising is starting to. Come out and is very sore

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done!  I was useless to begin with . . You are already  getting it together!  
  • Posted

Keep your eye on the goal! You will have good days and bad. Eventually the good will out number the bad. In the first few days sleep was an issue. Keep on top of your meds or you will find it hard to get back under control. We are here for you!
  • Posted

You're doing well, Sharon! The day after the op is the worst, and getting to and from the bathroom on your own is a real plus! You'll soon be swapping the zimmer frame for crutches, and there'll be no stopping you.

• Posted

My brusing took quite a while to come out. Some people bruise more easily than others. I was only on zimmer for first day then crutches.

Also I did not get out of bed the first day after op so you've beaten me!

Keep smiling and keep in touch

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

My husband amused himself by taking pictures of my bruises to send to the family - they were quite spectacular for two weeks - and that is only the surface bruising.  You sound like you are working really well to get the new knee going - well done.
  • Posted

Thank you all have practised stairs today ready for discharge tomorrow have got an 80 per cent bend very stiff and sore at the moment physio showed me how to use the walking stick to help get leg on and off of bed which was very useful hope everybody else is doing well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.