First day on Venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today is my first day back on Venlafaxine which I've always taken up until 3 years ago when it wasn't helping my anxiety and deoression, but my new psychiatrist has decided to put me back on it as for 20 years it had worked wonders for me. I've been taking Brintellix for the last year with little effect.

Im starting on 37.5mg working up to 150mg.

Cant recall I had start up side effects but that was a long time ago when I started it but fingers crossed.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good luck hopefully it will work for you again.l was off it for 2 years when they put me on citalopram then Brintellix.Both were useless in fact if anything made me worse.The Venlafaxine were hard to get back on l was like yourself couldn't remember the previous times.That has settled now on them 5. weeks and feeling a lot more stable.Good luck

• Posted

Hi there 

Just wanted to say good luck on the venaflaxine!!....I've  been recently put on them a low does to start as 37.5mgs but Now I am on 75 mgs  mr.. through the night.

its been about five weeks for me..

I have found no bad side effects at all. I have found that I am settled a bit more on theses ive not been on them before.

It's early days I know but I hope to see more improvement. The main thing as I seem to sleep Better not cured but better..

my mood is lifting I feel.

Everyone's not the same take one day at a time..

i hope you start to feel better soon

vicky

let us know how you get a on....

• Posted

Glad you have got started on ven. Hope you begin to see improvement soon without side effects.

dr mentioned brintillex to me as mirtaz isnt doing much butm a bit concerned as it does seem tombe quite nasty somim holding off.  Would be interested in your journey on it.

• Posted

Hi Ann, I can't recall having any start up side effects and quite quickly moved up to 20mg. I went on it as I'd been on clomipramin for a while and feeling relatively ok but was still feeling low, lack of energy, couldn't be bothered with things so psychiatrist switched me yo Brintellix roughly one year ago and it basically did nothing for me to the point of relapsing a few months ago. Psych tried me on Quietiapine as an augment but been steadily sliding so had to titrate down from Brintellix and started Ven at 37.5mg yesterday. Had some increased anxiety in the afternoon that's all but that came on after a nap and I find that happens when I've had a nap my anxiety increases. 

Youve nothing to loose giving Brintellix a try for a few weeks at least and see how you get on.

Neil 

• Posted

Well day 2 on 37.5mg and no side effects, hope this continues.
    • Posted

Hi Neil glad all is well l did have side effects l thought how the hell did l get on these the last time but they only lasted about 2 weeks.Nothing worse than any of the rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.