First day taking gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took it (300mg cap) then ate dinner, about 4 hours later, i got itcy leg red hives/rash, don't know if it's the dinner or gabapentin, should I stop this medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yeah that sounds like an allergic reaction, I'd consult with a physician or ER if it gets worse.

• Posted

That is often a sign of an allergic reaction to a medication. I wouldn't take anymore until you talk with a pharmacist and/or doctor. We can't know if the next dosage could be life-threatening anaphylactic shock. Not to mention that gab seldom truly helps, it's normally given for non-approved conditions and causes many serious side effects for people.

The drug info should warn about watching for a reaction like you're mentioning. BTW, an online support group is NOT the place to ask this, you need a doctor or pharmacist. As you can see, it's taken many hours to get an answer to your question.

• Posted

took a 2nd dose, and leg itched a little but no development and i got real tired , i have Ketoconazole Shampoo which destroys any red food allergy immediately so i am not scared of a itchy rash, yea the rash instantly went away after I put it on in shower(amazing), my pain is a lot of worse! I have asked pharmacists, they don't nearly care or just say one sentence answer. and how can I ask a doctor right away, I have to make an appointment? My GP already said I should take it for one week, if it doesn't work, just stop.

I had a super bad itchy rash all over my face one time(looks like hives or mosquito bites) and it spreading to my chest and I used Ketoconazole Shampoo, and it all went away immediately, this is very confusing to be honest.

• Posted

Stopped, wow a lot of itchy hives on legs, and comes back after the Ketoconazole apply , and it didn't do anything for my pain, i don't think, i think i can't take any meds now, stomach too allergic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.