Posted , 9 users are following.
My Mom suffered from Diverticulitis but she passed last year and her and I had never really discussed anything about it other than my sister or myself might eventually suffer from it because it could be hereditary. I have some questions that I would have asked my Mom but now I please need help since she’s gone. And I was too stressed and forgot to ask my GI these questions and he’s not reachable on the weekends. Thank you.
I’m a 47 year old Male. And I just started my Ciprofloxacin 500mg (2 daily) & Metronidazole 500mg (3 daily) yesterday. GI said to take the pills for a week to 10 days.
- How normally long before the more extreme burning sensations will begin to dissipate? 2-3 Days?
- How long should I stay on the liquid diet? The entire time while I’m taking the antibiotics?
- I bought Carnation, Boost & Ensure food drink supplements - Good idea?
- I also bought jello, pudding, chicken stock, red, white & blue popsicles, ginger ale, apple juice & plain yogurt - All good? Any other recommendations?
- How much water should I also be drinking daily?
- The Metronidazole seems to be awful. I have a metallic taste in my mouth, evening & morning headaches, stomach cramps & a nauseated feeling all the time. Is this normal?
- Any other suggestions or advice?
I incredibly appreciate everyone’s help. I really miss my Mom so much right now. Thank you.
1 like, 48 replies