First Diverticulitis event

Posted , 5 users are following.

Home from hospital four days, only doing the no fiber, soft diet. My concern is , with both antibiotics, shouldn't I have a bm by now?

Mild, burning, pain present.

Just looking for advise from the group.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Make sure you drink lots of water and I take a probiotic daily which helps me stay regular.  Also, I was backed up when I was in the hospital and found that moving and walking helped as well.  Good luck!

• Posted

Well if your antibiotics was by IV then it by passed the tummy causes any ruins or stomach upsets too much , so you most likely won't until you start the soft diet I'm sure at hospital you was in liquids

• Posted

You should start feeling better in the next few days. Just go on small walks and eat little and often but keep it plain rice plays me up wish you well unfortunately I am in middle of a flaire up terrible pain in my back by my kidneys drs don't think it's to do with my diticulitis so having blood test today .

• Posted

Hi Kimberley

It's early days yet.  Just remember input=output.  So if you are not eating fibre, there is very little to come out, so to speak!!!  As suggested, plenty of water and gentle exercise.  The pain might take some time to go, as your insides heal.  I also take a daily probiotic, plus pure aloe vera juice which also had healing properties.  Best wishes.

• Posted

While I was taking the antibiotics I had diarrhea (side effect), for me it took a few weeks to have a normal bm and that only happened once I started taking a daily probiotic pill. If you are not going at all I would take a stool softener for a few days, at one point I needed to do that also.It took me about 6 weeks from the day my pain started until my bowels were normal and I felt like myself again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.