First dptoms of Chronic Pancreatitis? Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had about three pptevious hospital visits in the past 7 years upper abdominal pain no vetting the last time was in January I woke up with terrible abdo pains all over chills and vomitted, went to the GP who checked my urine and gave

E antibiotics for infection, prior to this I had felt soreness in my upper abdomen, since then I have pain in my abdomen all the time and back pain, the casualty docs say it is gastritis and my doc has given me opramaxole which I have been taking for three weeks what are the first symptoms of CP I am worried that I have it, can anyone tell me what their first symptoms wee I do not have medical insurance and I am going to check out how much testing. What is the best test to have? Thanks Debbie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was told that I had gastritis several times, until I ended up in hospital and had to have my gallbladder removed which was very badly infected and full of gallstones. Best thing is to get your liver and gall bladder scanned (ultrasound usually). Hope you get better soon.
  • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply, I had an ultrasound and they said my gallbladder looked fine, also my limber. I have had bloods done and they come back fine but I still have abdo and back pain! Hope you are feeling ok how are you doing? Debbie x
  • Posted

Just ended up with irritable bowel syndrome after the op, fine now though. They told me that my gall bladder was fine 6 months before I was rushed in, yet another hospital mistake! Hope you feel better soon smile
  • Posted

Me too I am so scared I have CP I have a 13 yr old daughter who has some learning difficulties who needs me, I am getting so down and am crying an awful lot sad

Thank you for your comments, I hope someone can give me an idea of what their very first symptoms/ what the pain felt like.

I hope you are feeling bettersmile take care

Debbie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.