First F2F in an hour - wish me luck

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've applied for Pip for the first time, I've suffered Anxiety, Agoraphobia and PTSD for 10yrs.

My f2F is today and it's a home visit although I didn't request this but I'm so glad they offered it as couldn't go anywhere today as feeling so nervous.

Please wish me luck and any advice on what they're likely to ask greatly appreciated as I feel like I'm having a job interview.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Good luck. They will ask you questions based on those descriptors and what you wrote on the form.
    • Posted

Thank you, have read horror stories about how they try to trick you so am super paranoid.
  • Posted

Good luck and as Denise said they’ll just go through what you wrote on the form xx
    • Posted

Thank you, just nervous because have read some people saying that they lie on their reports so they get paid more !! Worried they'll ask me things to confuse me.

• Posted

Good luck with your f2f  today I know how stressful it can be also be aware that as well as asking questions he/she will also be observing you 

Good luck I am sure it will not be as bad as you are thinking

• Posted

That's because you've read far too much! You only ever read bad things because if someone has a decision in their favour and they are happy with it then they have no questions therefore we don't hear their story.

I've never had a bad report for ESA or PIP. My daughters PIP was also truthful, except she did lose points for 1 descriptor but she already had Enhanced for both so it wouldn't have made any difference.

They can sometime as you the same question multiple times to try to catch you out. If you're honest and truthful everything will be fine. For PIP if you can't do something 50% of the time you're classed as not being able to do it at all, so you should score those points. Remember i said "should"

If a decision doesn't go in your favour all is not lost because you have the MR and Tribunal route. Only 47% of those who apply first time or have a review are awarded. That's quite low. 20% of those asking for a MR have the decison changed in their favour. While 65% of those who appear at their Tribunal have a decision in their faovur.

A few days after the assesment ring DWP to ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, they very often go with that report. You'll need to look at the dots/ticks in the boxes on the report and compare in the PIP descriptors to see what you scored. Add both parts up and then you'll know.

If the report hasn't been sent back when you ring don't worry, often report are chosen at random for audit. If this happens it does delay the decision but is nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Wishing you all the best for your face 2 face.  We all know how stressful it is.  Lots of luck x
  • Posted

Hi All,

I did it lol... With only a few tearful breakdowns we got through everything in about 40minutes. The man was really nice and explained his knowledge of mental health issues so understood what I meant. He didn’t ask me as many questions as I thought and rushed me on a few things that I would have liked to have given more information on. He did keep almost prompting me at times though. saying so you need prompting or assistance to do that don’t you??? 

He said at the end that he’ll now do his report along with the extra information from my GP, ( apparently even though the receptionist said it could take 3 weeks for them to be able to respond he’s already received the extra info he asked for ) and that hopefully, his words  “ Mr Government will be able to give you some financial help based on what we’ve talked about “. Am hoping he’s genuine and not one of those that acts nice but then writes a different report 🙏 

Really pleased it’s over and I’ve done all I can now, will ring DWP at the end of the week. 

Thanks Everyone will keep you updated xxxx

• Posted

I'm glad you got through it, it is stressful for everyone not just yourself.

They really aren't supposed to say anything about any award and it really does make me very angry when they do this.

Fingers crossed that the report will be honest and truthful and you'll score the points you need for an award. Good luck and do let us know when you either have the report or the decision. Remember that report will give you a really good idea about the outcome.

• Posted

Well done on getting through your assessment and I hope you get a favourable outcome, Denise is right leave it a day or two and then phone DWP and ask for a copy of your report as this is a good guide as to what decision you may get

• Posted

You will be fine had f2f too for pip wonderfully ladies explained every thing 2 her showed her some things I struggled with got result back got high enchanced in the disability and standard in mobility could not fault it
  • Posted

I am beyond devastated and don’t know what on earth has happened. Today I received the assessors report from my F2F, he scored me nil in both sections??? He has written things that weren’t even discussed and on every part has said that I confirmed I was able to carry out this descriptor with no difficulties, I didn’t. He put that I enjoy taking my dog for walks, I haven’t been out with my dog in months, my son walks him. He said I can monitor my own medication, my son controls my medication as I forget to take it otherwise, he also said I take diazepam once a week, I take it every day. 

It took so much energy for me to apply for Pip and now I feel So angry that one person can be so cruel to write a report that literally does not tally with the assessment at all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.