First flare - - what to expect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

First flare : I am suffering through what must be my first flare and it is scary. I have had LS 10 months and it was confined to meatus /glans. Doctor said best case is it burns out and remains there. The clobetasol had it under control. 3 weeks ago I would have said I am doing well. Then, after some friction burn it spread (to my shaft) and it was fiery red. Applied clob to this new area for 5 days but it worsened so I stopped. It got much much worse. Finally saw the derm and he said go back on the clobetasol.

4 days of clobetasol and the redness is reduced and the bleeding "blister" gone. But it is still VERY red and painful to the touch. I assume this is a flare?

What are people's experience with flares? Do you get hyper red inflammation? How long before clobetasol gets rid of it enough to function again (if at all). I never worried about this area and WHAM.

So people ever get calm inflammation enough to function again?

More generally, what is your experience with the shaft underside getting inflamed? Will any future touch trigger this again?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

imageFirst pic 4 days ago before clob applied to this new area. 2d pic today image

• Posted

Reverse.. 2d pic 4 days ago, 1st pic this morning.

• Posted

I would be at the doc's office Monday morning asking for ANA and related tests. Sounds like something else going on... Have you tried anything to calm it like Eucerin, coconut oil, or vaseline? Take care dr.

• Posted

ANA?

I saw derm 4 days ago. Until now, it hurt too much to apply Eucerin. Now I can apply it. Used Vaseline for 10 days and no clob and it just got worse last 4 days of clob have reduced redness but still painful and very red as seen above.

• Posted

ANA stands for antinuclear antibodies and is one of the gold standard tests for autoimmune problems. Same with sedimentation rate. Both tell whether the problem could be that your own body is attacking your tissue. AI diseases are very common. I am so sorry you are going through this. Have you any anti anxiety OTC stuff to take? I found gabapentin helped and even an OTC med that had valerian, hops, chamomile, also helped with the pain. Different anatomy but same pain and I will keep you in my prayers. Several online vendors.

• Posted

What about applying cold packs or a sitz bath with baking soda. Maybe cornstarch powder.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.