First Hydrotherapy

Posted , 11 users are following.

I did it, I went to my first hydrotherapy class. For someone who is frightened of the water I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It started with a warm shower, then into the pool which was blood temperature. there was 2 physios in the water with us (class of 4). Each of us was given a print out of some excercises which we did over the half hour. It was easy to do the excersises in the water I didn't know my legs would move like they did, not done that in yearssmile. After we got out we were given a drink so that we didn't de hydrate. my legsd felt like lumps of lead, funny feeling but it didn't last. Another warm shower and then dried and dressed. Exhausted but felt no pain at all.

After a rest and some lunch we went to Houghton Hall (home of the first Prime Minister Robert Walpole built for him in the 1700's). Went round the house, first thing faced with 2 flights of stairs but I climbed them didn't realise how I good I was gettingsmile walked round the house, and the grounds it's a lovely place, plenty of seats to sit and rest in. At dusk we sat and watched the light show, (it's all on the internet if your interested), that was something else very very good and well thought out. We arrived home at 9.30pm exhausted and very tired but a wonderful day.

I slept well, and this morning apart from being a bit stiff I have no after effects at all, still feel a bit tired so after doing the shopping it will be feet up time for the rest of the weekend.

Hope everyone else is ok both pre and post op. It certainly does get better with time. Love Gill xx

4 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like a wonderful day. In the part of the USA I live we are not offerred hydro therapy but my doctor reommended pool time. I know from a past experiece just walking in the pool really built up my leg muscles. I guess it is really resistance training. So I plan to start in the pool myself soon.
  • Posted

good morning gill ,

what a wonderful day !!!   I am envious too - not sure if they offer hydrotherapy in this knack of the woods - 

enjoy your Sunday ...

warm hug 

renee

• Posted

Great to hear you had a lovely day. Heavy legs are my norm after being in a swimming pool before op. I can't wait to get back to it butvam afraid I might not be able to do the backward steps. They do have a lift but I'm reluctant to go for that. All those lovely young pool guards and me with my wobbly bits!
  • Posted

How lovely to hear this Gill, I know how apprehensive you were. Will you be going again?
    • Posted

yes I certainly will Laura I really enjoyed it much to my own surprisesmile it is a course of 6 weeks, the best is if you can't make any of them like holidays sickness etc as long as you tell them you just keep going until you have done 6 lessons. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.