First impressions after two weeks on 15mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm now two weeks into taking a 15mg dose of Mirtazapine. This was prescribed for anxiety/poor sleep. Back in 2009 I did take Citalopran, but nothing since then.

My first impressions:

Sleep

I don't have any caffeine after mid-afternoon, I take my tablet just before bedtime. I can't say that it has improved my sleep pattern at all. I now seem to get about three hours of sleep very soon after taking it but then it's broken sleep for the rest of the night, waking regularly every hour or so.

Anxiety

I think I'm a little less anxious but how much of that is down to the Mirtazapine and how much to external factors I don't know.

Side effects

Digestion : I'm feeling fairly bloated and constipated which is pretty unpleasant.

Conclusion:

All in all I don't really think Mirtazapine is right for me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Carl

i think you know that mitazapine is not for you....all i can say if it's not causing you any side affects where's the harm in giving a bit more time or getting your dose increased take care

• Posted

Strange as it may seem, if you ARE getting side effects, it shows your body is adjusting and things will possibly improve. If you weren't getting any, things proberbly not going to change
  • Posted

I like your thinking Mark as both my dr and physic want to up dose but my mind screams no i can't do it again you've given me something to think about thanks
  • Posted

It has taken me 7 weeks to feel benefits of mirt 30 and I must admit feeling good ...
  • Posted

thanks for all the helpful contributions. I have a GPs appointment next week, which will be after just over three weeks on 15mg, ostensibly to sort out a repeat prescription. If I continue to feel the way I do at the moment then I'm leaning towards either coming off the Mirtazapine or asking to switch to something else. My sleep patterns haven't improved at all ; which I understand is more likely to happen on 15mg than a higher dosage. Anxiety is slightly less although I feel that's more like I'm worrying about work the same amount as before but caring about it slightly less (sorry, that doesn't make too much sense). Plus the digestion is still problematic. I'll see how things are at the end of next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.