First Missed Period

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey y’all,

Last year at about this time, I felt like I was dying. Went to the doctor and after many tests and many dollars, found out I was perimenopausal. I had a period about a month ago and then had spotting up until the time my next period was due to begin but then it stopped, no period at all. Has anyone else experienced something like this?  If so, what can I expect?  I would love for my period to be gone, but I am a heavy bleeder. I need to know if I am going to be surprised if my period is not over. Will it still start the same way (slowly) or will I be surprised with a sudden heavy flow? Please help if you can. I love being a woman, but dang it, the things we have to go through! 😊 Many thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cindy,

I too thought I was spending my last days on earth last year, and spent countless on doctors and tests. I can proudly say I haven’t seen a doctor since August. Partly because I’ve exhausted all avenues. Lol!!

My period is all over the place. From normal, to spotting continuously, to spotting mid cycle, to skipping three months in a row, heavy with clots, light with brown stringy stuff, and back to normal again. I was hopefully when it stopped for those three months. I expect it will just continue to torture me for awhile longer. 

So yes, I’d say that’s normal. And sounds like you’ve had all the testing done to tell if it’s something else.

So right there with you sister!

XO

• Posted

Hi Cindy, this erratic system of perimenpause can certainly leave us wondering.  The best you can do is be prepared for anything and go with the flow (LOL)  

Do everything possible to give you body the best chance at this adjustment.  Eat good whole foods, plenty of water, a good multivitamin, lots of solid sleep, some light exercise and some "ME" time.  It won't change the fact that your body is undergoing some dramatic changes, but will help arm your body to cope. 

Just know that spotting, light flow, heavy flow, prolonged flow, clotting, absent periods, are all a part of this, as your body winds down.  But girl, be careful what you ask for.  Sometimes being on the other end of the menopause business is not a lot of fun.  I'd give anything to have some home grown hormones again.  

• Posted

Hey Cindy, it sounds like you are very much like me. I went for 3 months last year with no periods then one started and wouldnt stop. So was sent to hospital to see gynaecologist and they began to surpress my periods with progesterone. On that for 3 months - no periods then menopause symptoms started in earnest really bad so tests done and found I was now in full menopause. Symptoms were so bad have been put on hrt and also taking vitamin supplement for menopause and now symptoms getting better with every day that passes. Hope I've been of some help! XXX

• Posted

There is no way of knowing how heavy or lite your period may be.  Peri menopause is stepping into the unknown that is  constantly throwing you a curve ball.

I just had my first period beginning of February for the first time in 3 1/2 months  followed by extreme anxiety.   Symptoms can be forever changing and Not consistent. Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Cindy I'm so sorry

To hear your going thru  this horrible disgusting feeling 

But yes you will be surprise I been going thru hell for the pass 2 yrs 

You name it I have the symptoms I had no period for 5 months THen BANG !! Out of know where , let's not talk about the awful symptoms 😫 So hang in there and please reach out if you need to 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.