First Mona Lisa treatment today!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Finally got started today, after investigating this for at least six months. I was really nervous, because I finally started to have such a good response to the Estrace cream. Just hoping it doesn't make it worse. My Dr. also treats the outside vulva area once the inside is taken care. The inside did not hurt at all, but the outside was sort of a snapping sensation. Burned a lot on the way home, but got an ice pack and it calmed right down. Been using Aqua poor and Vagisil the rest of the day, and feels fine now. She said it will be a longer healing process because of the outside area. The next two times will be a little more intense, but the 3rd is the same as the 2nd. So far, so good

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Best thing i did was do sitz bath soaks,vit e oil to vulva,white cotton underwear,avoid touching the area,pretty much symptom free now for 3 months,think i was over trying creams etc. The body can often heal itself. Took a year of much discomfort maybe from trying to hard and useing too many creams etc.
    • Posted

This was not a comment in ref to the mona lisa iprocedure. I never had it. Just what helped me without it.
  • Posted

Hello peg30370

So happy for you. What is the vulvar pain like? That is where I have real issues having suffered from vulvodynia and now terrified of vulvar pain. Have not had intercourse for over 3 years and love my husband. Makes me feel suicidal not being able to have sex! I'm still young! Any info you can share will be most appreciated. Doctors, locations, advice on procedures etc.

Thank you so much!

• Posted

Im an idiot,just wanted to let everyone know how my vulva pain stopped. Happy for you and hope the Mona Lisa works.
  • Posted

Hi Peg, I've just started following some discussions as I have similar symptoms with itching and feeling of something pushing down but it's so difficult to try and diagnose myself as don't want to go down the antibiotic route, tried coconut oil with lavender oil and thrush cream! I have a male doctor and scared to speak to him about it ! Also had a regular Pap smear and nurse said, you seem to have irregular inflammation? Tried Caneston for thrush . You seem to be more knowledgeable and I'd be really grateful for any advice thanks smile
    • Posted

You have to bring up the subject with your physician, and ask could my symptoms possibly be from vaginal atrophy?? THEY should be the ones addressing the condition, but unfortunately it isn't always the case, and there's no sense in suffering for the sake of modesty. There are creams, tablets, all things that they need to prescribe. The Mona Lisa is a treatment inside the vagina with laser that rebuilds the tissue, and restores elasticity. It's ridiculously expensive, but so far has been worth every penny. Insurance doesn't cover it😢. You certainly want to get a diagnosis first, and then try some treatments and see if you find some comfort. Good luck, and be persistant!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.