first night drive🌜🌜

Posted , 4 users are following.

WOW!!!!! My first night driving after RLE, cataract surgery without cataracts, lenses put in for vision. Alls I can say if WTH, will the halos and shooting star Burts stop??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your brain will adapt and they will mostly go away.

• Posted

My brains doesn't adapt to much , especially my ex's, hope this gets easier or I will give up night drivin. Was Givin me a headache.
  • Posted

Many people who have problems with halos see them go away within a few weeks, most within a few months, a small number taking a year or more for them to go away, with a small minority continuing to have probems with them. The  percentage that have problems with them depends on the type  of lens you had inserted, but some people see them even with monofocal lenses, there isn't a lens yet that doesn't give at least a small percentage of  people problematic halos. Most studies on lenses report the percentage of peope with halos at 3 or 6 months to give them time to fade.  Since you had RLE rather than cataract surgery, the odds are you had a premium lens implanted.  Multifocal lenses tend to have higher risk of halos after that initial first few months than monofocals, but the extended depth of focus Symfony lens reportedly has  a low risk of halo issues comparable to a monofocal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.