First oil in pan....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Evening all. I would apologise for the TMI in this post but im sure it's been dicussed plenty lol. I started the tablets just over aweek ago now in fact closer to 2 weeks. Ive been very struct to start with,  no meals over aeound 9g and mostly been eating roung 18-20g a day, nothing over 5g per 100g and any snacks I have are fruit. Today when I weng to the loo although it was hard as mine always are due to my fibro meds, there was defo orange oil along with it. No upset tummy or anything. So my question is, is that normal add your body still needs to get rid of the 1/3rd even when you're well within the rules and is just taken until now to stay working properly or have I done something wrong as most people seem to be saying that you INLY get oil if you're bad??

Thanks for reading smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You only get oil if you have eaten something which is high in fat what have you been eating? even if it i a 'good' fat the tablet will just see it as 'fat' x
    • Posted

Thays the thing I have looged EVERYTHING I've eaten since I started the tablets on mfp and checked all packets etc. I haven't eaten anything over that 5g rule and haven't had one meal thays been more than 11g so far.
  • Posted

Hi emma,What sort of things are you eating? and what portion size? when i first started taking these tablets many moons ago i was told about the fat content rule but also that they get rid of 30% of the fat that you eat obviously the higher fat you eat the more side effects you get. I have recently started again and managed to loose 10lb in my first 4 weeks which i was amazed. But i know if i have a big meal that is healthy i can still get side effects too. what do you drink? tea, coffee etc if you have milk try switcihing to skimmed not everyone likes skimmed but you soon get use to it. When you go to you GP take your food log with you and they will tell you where / if you are going wrong i did this the first time and i was really shocked to learn the things i was eating that i thought was healthy that actually wasnt.

When is your first weigh in??

• Posted

Thank you smile im eating cereals for breakfast,  sandwiches or salads for lunch ( either ham or chicken) no butter/marg maybe as scraping of very low fat mayo then chicken with rice and salad is an example of evening meal but varies but I have recommended portions of each food type. Like I say I'm being very careful!  Ive had no junk,  especially crisps as they nearly started a riot on another of my questions lol I eat fruit and drinking mainly water but if I have tea I havd 1% milk which goes on my Cereal too so like I say I have no idea how I can possibly have gone over anywhere. 

I weighed at home on monday which was the end of my 1st week and was down 5lb but won't jump on them again until my official WI at the docs in a couple of weeks x 

• Posted

I did see that post, it was a little harsh. i eat snack a jacs and i do have the odd packet of skips just not every day but you have to be ready for the side effects thats all i say. my nurse sayd its ok to have a little of what you fancy and why the hell not. i think everybody is different and bodys are different and they effect people in different ways. i had a crab salad with a tea spoon of mayo and was fine, i find if i eat sandwiches i get side efffects and usually it is just a ham salad sandwich with no butter or mayo so i try to avoid them. All i say its trial and error your body will soon tell you if what you are eating is wrong and you wont eat it again thats what i find.

Thats really good dont forgot to measure too. if you keep going at 5lb a week that will be good. do you have a lot to loose?

• Posted

Ive started writing all my meals in a diary as well as MFP so I will stay putting a star on any days I have any oil (if it happens again) then I can see what ive eaten thays the same on those days smile Thanks for your replies hun, its nice to not feel judged smile

I have just over 5st to loose. I started at 14st 10 (on my scales as didnt clock what I weighed at the docs) and I want to get to around 9.5st as im on 5ft 2 x 

• Posted

i know what you mean, you was only asking a simple question. Thats what i want to loose i started at 16st 1lb i am only 5ft 2 aswell. but it does get harder the more weight you loose. good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.