First ovarian cysts, and now uterine polyps!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone so a little history, I have being trying to conceive for a year, also have been having heavy and longer periods and some pain on my right side . I went to see doctor and was sent for ultrasounds, intra vaginal ultrasounds and also for a HSG test after HSG test I was sent for a hysteroscopy and then referred for surgery.

Finds from other tests :

Blood work at different times through cycle: all normal

1st ultrasound: hemorrhagic cyst

2nd ultrasound to check cyst: hemorrhagic cyst still there, hasn't grown, leave it to see if it changes. Also noticed a endometrial cyst.

HSG test: doctor says no sight of any cysts, however they see a polyp

Hysteroscopy: finds 3 polyps, too large to remove during hysteroscopy unfortunately. Referred to go for surgery to remove the polyps.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Has anyone gone for surgery to remove uterine polyps?

I am terrified, I have never ever had surgery before and being asleep for surgery while someone removes the polyps sound terrifying. Are you in a lot of pain afterwards? Does the removal of uterine polyps help with pregnancy chances? Could this be why I am not conceiving ?

Of course I am also worried but trying not to think about the possibility that the polyps could be cancerous. .the doctor hasn't mentioned that.

Also why would they have seen cysts on my ultrasounds but not when I went for further testing but find polyps instead?

I'm so frustrated. I went to my doctor originally because of my heavy periods, trouble getting pregnant and also some abnormal darker hair growth on my chin, chest and around my nipples. Now I feel like the hair part and getting pregnant part are no longer a focus and I don't know if any of this is related or what to think really.

Any help is appreciated.

From a very anxious 29 year old.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.