first panic attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I've always had some anxiety growing up and lately it's been getting worse and last Friday, I had my lowest point, where I had a panic attack at work and had to have the ambulance called because I felt like I couldn't breathe and felt like I was going to die...I go back to work on monday, and was wondering what's the best advice to go back to the place where you last had your panic attack...it's my job and I have to go back to pay bills and live life...I'm just scared my anxiety will kick in real bad when I go back there...Thanks..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My anxiety sometimes kicks up in a morning before school, or if I think about the amount of work to do. Once I get there I'm fine, it's just the initial thought. Don't think to much about it. If the panics attack happens again, don't worry. It may be work but it could be to do with you thinking it's going to happen. Try to occupy yourself, that way you won't notice little syptoms of your anxiety.
  • Posted

How difficult for you as if it is not bad enough to suffer anxiety but it has to happen at work.

You must have felt very vulnerable after that.

I am hoping that your colleagues will understand and the perhaps the best way to deal with it is to be open and honest and speak with your manager.

This could happen to anyone and there but for the grace of god goes anyone of us.

I should try not to worry too much they have a responsibility to you.

Don't spend your whole weekend worryign about it.

• Posted

Good advice don't worry sounds silly to say that as anxiety is debilitating but eventually you can control it

I learnt to regard it as an unwelcome visitor and would politely tell it to go away then feeling smug I'd think yep beat it again didn't always work but sure as he'll gave me something to work on

go in think of something you know you can do and smile it's impossible to have an anxiety attack if you smile

• Posted

That sounds good Gillian.

I have suffered from heightened anxiety for so many years now and sometimes it goes out of control.

It is usually illness and / or bereavement that makes it worse for me and out of control.

I have had such a bad time over the past two months but hope that I am turning a corner.

• Posted

Well my job is pretty much walking around 8 hours a day, looking for shoplifters..though there are times I am kept busy, there is alot of just walking the store alone, which leaves me alot of time with just my thoughts. ..I've been doing this over a year and I think my anxiety just spiraled out of control, that day I just felt lightheaded and dizzy, which led to me eventually freaking out..and I'm guessing it's my mind that caused me to get lightheaded because all of the tests I have had (CT scan of head, blood work, etc ) comes back good. Ive been getting bad headaches in the back of my head for awhile and I think it's just stress that I've let get out of control.....Ive been trying to have positive thoughts to block out anxiety, it's just really hard...thank you guys for the responses

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.