First part of stool harder than the rest?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone,

im wondering if anyone recovering from gluten damage or any other digestion problems has the symptom of the first part of their stool being darker and constipated and the rest being normal? i cant find any info on this problem and the doctors dont seem to have any knowledge on this matter?

thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The reason why you cannot get any professional reason is because it is not unusual.

• Posted

id love to agree with you but its unusual to me, ive had normal bowel movements throughout my life up until getting ill. ive had every type of bowel movement imaginable over the last few months but since changing away from gluten this is the case for me every day?

• Posted

I'm afraid I don't have any useful information on this occasion lester. Therefore I find it is more appreciated to not offer useless information.

Tom seems to have had a few responses from people who know what they are talking about.

have a lovely day.

• Posted

Hello, are you taking iron supplement? the usual side effect of this is black stool and constipation. And the stool smell is fine. But if you are NOT taking iron supplement and you have dark stool and it smells fishy foul smell, that could be an old blood from the upper part of your gut, the blood is not just coming from the rectum because it's not fresh.

You said you have gluten issues, just keep good diet right now, more of raw veggies and fruits.

When you overcame, the lining of the gut usually heal in 4-5 days. And so you will get normal stool consistency.

• Posted

hello,

thanks for the reply, yes im taking wellman vitamins with my main meal which contains iron and im having iron fortified gluten free cereals to try and get my levels back up, it does have like a bad sweet distinctive smell to it but throughout the rest of the day the stool smells more normal once the initial constipation part has passed. thank you for the support i appreciate it, ive been banging my head against the wall with gp's for months now, ive had unopened results, had to ring hospitals for other results myself and ive been given an asthma pump by one doctor within a minute of an appointment in an effort to throw me out because they were running late

• Posted

Alright. It seems there's nothing to worry about black stool and non-fishy smell since you are taking iron vitamins. Don't forget to incorporate raw green leafy green salad in your diet. They are better than cooked food for digestive issues. You’ll do great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.