First physio

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well i survived it much better than i thought i would,i'm now 9 days post op and was not too sure these past few days if i was doing enough or the right thing..so in i went and got the shock of my life when he said hows the pregnancy(im 52 by the way),lol he had the wrong notes so good start,but it did give me a laugh.He said he was impressed on what i could do at this early point and happy with my bend of 85 degrees,just told me basically to keep it rested and take it easy and only do 15 minutes exercise at a time...next app in a weeks time,so came home,made a celebration cuppa and had a nap..Feeling hopefull..

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Well done!  85 at nine days is stellar! I'm afraid that at nine days I was still a bit of a zombie.  Good advice, not to overdo it . .it doesn't really get you anywhere except a lot of pain.
  • Posted

Well done Lou!

You are doing things right from the sound of it.

Enjoy your cuppa!

LOL at the Pregnancy!  wink

• Posted

Brilliant. I'm only at 85 now at 21 weeks so you're doing great. Just keep plodding along x
  • Posted

You're doing fabulous for 9 days, well done.....and you can celebrate with more than a cuppa when you've finished with your medication!. Good job you're already pregnant.......'coz you won't be able to get your leg over for weeks lol!  In fact, if you're anything like me, it'll be the last thing on your mind! 

At least it gave you a laugh - and us! 

• Posted

I know Pam,i said the same thing to my hubby its the last thing on  my mind right now lol..did makes us laugh though x
  • Posted

I'm doing a little Better now after 3 weeks post op from a scope surgery on both knees. I was told today but my op that I do have pvns in both knees sad. He told me not to worry about it an go back to normal activity bc they want to see if it is going to come back but how can they not expect someone to not think about it especially if I go thru pain on a daily basis. I'm only 23 yrs old
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have been given that diagnosis at such an early age . .Hope it doesn't come back and although the doctor's advice is pretty impossible to follow, I can understand what he is saying. . try not to let it rule your life.  Not easy . . . Hope you continue to improve. 
    • Posted

Thank you very much. Yea he's basically telling me go back to everyday activities but I'm worried bc I was a very athletic person an did weight training. I'm afraid if my knees do get better the pvns will come back. I read a lot of reviews on here saying that it came back when they returned to there lifestyles but maybe I have to stay positive an I'm in that 50 percent chance I doesn't come back
    • Posted

It is incredibly difficult not to think about it and let it rule your life. All you can do is try to get back a little bit more of normality each day. I'm 21 weeks post for a TKR and due for further surgery to straighten my leg in a few weeks. I'm 36 so I know what it's like to face something debilitating at a younger age. My life has been on hold for a while now so I'm the last person to tell you to forget but what I can say is for the first time in so long I did something normal this week...I went to London for a few days, saw a show and managed some shopping. It felt amazing. You need to try to focus on the positives and deal with the negatives when they come along. I'm slowly learning. Good luck x
    • Posted

Yea it's hard to cope with but thank you very much it's something I have to try an learn to be optimistic about. and I'm glad your actually enjoying yourself on a vacation that's great to hear I wish you and everyone else on here nothing but happiness. This summer I'm actually gonna take it a little easy and maybe go on a small vacation at the end of August. Im 3 weeks post op so I don't wanna do anything to aggravate both my knees since doc told me I have to wait 3 months so see a full recovery. I'm going back in 6 weeks to see how I am doing and going to be doing another MRI to see if there are signs of it coming back. I pray it doesn't but you never know. The only thing that's bothering me is idk if I have localized pvns or diffused the op never told me and I forgot to ask so I'm guessing I will find out in 6 weeks. Little nerve wrecking but I guess I'll get myself thru it.
  • Posted

Wow that's really good - don't spoil it by overdoing it - hope this great start continues for you
    • Posted

Thank you,and i wont been really tired today so have slept lots,hopefully feel brighter tomorrow x
  • Posted

Well done!! You've given me a bit of hope as I'm at physio on Monday, if I can get somewhere round about that il be a happy bunny, I'm 15 days now and just had my staples out. You'll be running round the shops soon to buy nappies!!!! Ha ha ha!
    • Posted

I get my staples out on tuesday and cant wait,hope things go well at the physio for you chris,keep us posted..running whats that lol x
  • Posted

I am now 3 months post op and I remember likE you that I felt bloody marvellous walking to bus stop going to asda. I don't drive so walking is the only way lol boy did I regret it. Also at my post op 8 Week appointment I was in worse pain and on more painkillers than I was 2 weeks after. The morale of my story I did too much at the beginning take it easy do your excersises and take your pain meds.

Good luck

Gill xx

• Posted

I'm 3 and 1/2 weeks post op from a scope on both knees and my knees are still hurting me. A little warm to touch, tender to touch, it's kinda resembling the pain before the surgery. I have pvns. Now my question is should I call my op to possibly get another MRI to see if it's coming back Or is this normal to feel this early into the surgery. The way my op was saying he told me I'd be fine in 4 weeks but I do not see that happening. If the pvns is coming I wanna no I don't Think my mind can waitn6 weeks to find out -.-
    • Posted

Thanks Gill,yes i understand what your saying its so easy to run(haha) away with yourself in the begining.Today i have been feeling a little low lets say and tired,and knee is quite swollen and painful,so im havig a much needed rest day,still doing a few exercises but nothing too hard ...xx
    • Posted

Hi fadi,i think if your feeling like this and concerned you should talk to someone about it, nothing worse than just sitting all kinds of thoughts.take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.