First Post! Worried about possible MS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there! This is my firat post and sorry, it is long.

A little history:

Female, 23 had a baby 5 months ago.

Before I was pregnant I noticed my memory was getting really patchy, now after baby it's so bad I can't even remember what days I did what. (I'll mention I have a super good and happy baby, sleeps 12 hours a night so this isn't due to sleep deprivation) I'll have a conversation with my mum and my boyfriend will ask me when and I have no idea, feels like a week but really it was either an hour ago or 2 days ago.

I get super light tingling in my hands and wrists, sometimes in my shins.

I've become very clumsy with a little muscle weakness, I make formula bottles for baby and as I'm pouring the powder in my arm will almost slip..? And I spill the powder all over.

Same with when I'm pouring the water.

I get random bouts of almost like vertigo when I'm standing (not just after standing up but while I've been standing for a couple minutes already) feels as though someone has spun me around a couple times. Only lasts for a few seconds anywhere from 1-5. I will sometimes get lightheaded and my eyes almost tingle? It's hard to explain but I can usually just shake it off and it goes away.

I read that sexual drive can be affected and reaching an orgasm can be difficult and it is so hard for me 80% of the time. I thought it was just me and I ignored it and blamed myself thinking I wasn't attracted to my boyfriend.

Sometimes when I'm talking my words will slur? Or like connect 3 words into one and I have to stop, take a breath and say the word reaaalllyy slowly to get it out. My boyfriend laughs at me and I assume that maybe I'm trying to talk too fast but I've always spoken at the same pace.

I'm not exaggerating any of this but not all of this happens everyday, sometimes only one thing happens, sometimes nothing at all.

I want your opinions or suggestions, I'm in Canada and where I am the clinic doctors are absolutely terrible and I'm afraid they won't take me seriously. I don't have a family doctor but I'm wondering if maybe I should look more seriously into finding one? Or is all this stuff normal on occasion?

Thanks in advance! All input is appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Get a referral to see a neurologist. That’s what I would do
    • Posted

Thanks I will be doing that!! Just wanted to see if anyone had experienced something similar and what it turned out to be if not MS. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.