First Rheumy visit

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

I had my first rheumy visit on Friday. I forgot half of what I wanted to say/ what my symptoms are because I was nervous! Anyway she said I may have mild ra, gave me a steroid injection in the bum and handbooks me in for trays on hands and feet, although she said she doubted they would show anything. Also had more bloods taken. I don't go back to see her though until November. Is this kind of wait normal after a first appt?

Thanks!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Has booked me in for xrays on hands and feet I mean, silly machine!
  • Posted

What was your cpp?
    • Posted

What's ccp as I would like to know mine tomorrow when I go for my first appointment after being started on Methotrexate, I guess it's a rating of how severe ones RA is? They say mine is early stages and they like to catch it early with this medication, fast and hard being the motto but I really don't feel I am bad enough to go on it or maybe I am trying to kid myself I don't know
  • Posted

I'm not sure. She wasn't overly forthcoming and I was a bit foggy at the time. She just said bloods didn't show anything but sent me for different bloods. I may go see my GP and ask. And take someone with me this time!
  • Posted

Measures of inflammation, when you have blood test, are, ESR meaning Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate, sorry don't the range, CRP meaning C Reactive Protein, range normal 0-8, and the PV Plasma Viscosity normal range 1.50 to 1.72, you can keep a record of these in a book, Knowledge is a thing with health issues.
    • Posted

Do you have a record book with all blood test results on?, and do you have blood tests every 3 months to assess what's going on?, I presumed that was the norm.
    • Posted

This will be my first check up tomorrow since starting methotrexate so we will see, the hospital I am going to has an amazing reputation but maybe America better, I will let you know
  • Posted

I see my rheumatologist on a biweekly basis. I just switched. I'm in the USA so I gather it's easier to do that. I'm also on medicare.

P.s. he doesn't think I have RA. Music to my ears. Back to PMR then.

• Posted

I think the U.S. is a bit different to the NHS here. Our appointments are allocated on a,waiting list basis, although depending where you live affects that. Good news on him thinking no to RA though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.