First Shingles help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I'm 25 and I've just come down with my first bout of Shingles two days ago and so far it has been horrible.

It's all over my neck, jaw, behind my ear and scalp. Serve pain all over, especially in my ear at night. 

I've just started experiencing strong nausea and light headedness and wanted to see if that was normal? No one else seems to mention it in other forums.

I've been prescribed zelitrex 

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it can happen with shingles. It is a virus circulating through your body. It is affecting your central nervous system, so there are so many different ways it can show itself. Please make sure to rest, sleep, rest, sleep. Eat large amounts of fruits and veggies. Smoothies, juices. Lysine, olive leaf extract, cats claw, liquorice root, vit b12 are all helpful supplements to try.  I pray for healing to come your way❤
  • Posted

Hi Jeskmh,

I am so sorry you are going through this disease.

The nausea you feel may be related to the Herpes Zoster Shingles in your ear or the Zelitrex. The lightheadedness is very common, especially in the individuals with Herpes Zoster Shingles affecting the head.

You should have been prescribed a strong analgesic for the excruciating pain. I would return to your physician and request a strong Opioid as NSAIDS are like water for shingles.

You also need to rest and sleep. You can not power through this disease. The virus has attacked your Central Nervous System, literally and is circulating throughout your entire body.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in the States and have had Herpes Zoster Shingles in my right ear every three to five weeks for the past twentyone years and twice in my right eye.

Use ice packs or cool compresses on the affected areas, but never heat. Some individuals also find Solarcaine with Aloe Vera helpful as it contains Lidocaine to numb the nerve endings.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Rest is essential.  I have a friend who had an attack a few weeks ago and someone suggested that he get some emu oil.  He said it did wonders for him.  
  • Posted

I think what you describe might be side effects of the drug or drugs you are taking. I don't think nausea and light headedness are usually symptoms of shingles. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.