First surgery for Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Looking for some advice, in a couple weeks I'm having surgery for HS and am a little nervous. It will be in my left groin and armpit. The doctor said I should be fine to return to work after 5 days. Is this true? I am supposed to be stitched up, opposed to graft.

Currently I am getting outbreaks monthly. I believe my monthly period mostly causes flare ups, and the pain is unbearable at times. I have been lanced a million times and been on more antibiotics than any person should have to. I feel like it is the cause of mild depression, I have been unable to wear underwear for years- the irritation causes flare ups. And the smell is not pleasant at times.

Anyway, just looking for advice and stories to relate to so thank you in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had over 13 surgeries since 2009 And the disease caused me to go under disability since 2012, but I have had skin grafts, and have had wound vac, with my situation the fastest I've ever healed is around 3 to 4 weeks, I guess every case might be a little different, all I can advise is that u have plenty of protein to promote faster healing and be worry about iron deficiency due to blood loss. Good supplements to take during these times are zinc, Burdock root and drink grean tea. Good luck and God speed with your recovery.

• Posted

I've had multiple surgeries since 2009, the most important thing is to get as much of the disease out of the infected areas so hopefully the medical team your with has a good plan. As far as the healing it depends whether u have skin grafts ,wound vac' s or just open wound healing . Be positive, drink a lot of Green tea, get a lot of protein, and supplements that I take and find very helpful are, Zinc,Tumeric,Burdock root.Do research. Good luck. ( I've had both armpits done, buttocks, groin,both inner thighs, average heal time for me is around 4 to 5 weeks). God speed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.