First tab today.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need to loose 10 kilos. Have been prescribed orlistat this evening. Took first dose. Just wanted to know wether it has to be oil free diet or only healthy eating

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there just keep to a low fat diet 5gms or under per 100gms and no more then 15gms per meal you will be ok everyone on here is very helpful and gives great advice lol thats where mine came from :-) if your stuck just ask x omg ive got 3 stone to lose i only started mine last week feel like ive got a long way to go sad good luck hun keep in touch xx
    • Posted

I lost 4 stone in 8 months 😊 you can do it👍 good luck
  • Posted

Thanks. Guys. I m bit skeptical. Already thinking of buying menstruation nappies. Lol 
  • Posted

Not for periods but for accidents. cheesygrin
    • Posted

If you stick to the 5g rule there won't be any accidents👍 I've had none in 8 months 😊
  • Posted

Low fat diet is recommended, if you eat high fat foods this medication will make you feel ill,like you need to go to the toilet F A S T ! It can be embarrasing if you are not near a toilet etc. You will need to read the fat contents on food labels and use little or no oil when cooking. Good Luck as these tablets do work for you but you also need to co-operate with them.
  • Posted

Good luck just be careful! You'll find the things you eat in the first week you won't be able to in the second - I was snacking a little in my first week and then in my second I had a bit of oil. Snack on lots of fruit! I've found bagels with the lightest philly are good for lunch as bagels are 2.9g fat and lightest philly is 0.8g smile
  • Posted

been on tablets for 4 weeks lost 12lb stuck to the 5gms had no accidents and diabetes is better controlled as not eating so many carbs good luck x doctor has now given me another 3 months supply 

• Posted

Ok. Third day today. Already lost 2 kilos. I m only eating low calorie. Very little fat. Sooooo very much edge ant to drop a dress size in two weeks. These capsules are working wonders for me. 

Thanks for all the support 

• Posted

Well done! I lost 15lbs in 3 weeks, looks like you're going along the same route!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.