First teeth, now eye pain! Chronic sinusitis hell

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on the waiting list for three years to have a nasal spur on my left side sorted and have constant sinus headaches, wirh solpadeine max soluble taking only the edge of them.

For years my upper left molars caused me grief to the point that a root canal couldn't even be done as I felt extreme pain due to the spur / sinusitis infection.

Now, my left eye wakes me up watering and very painful, like it's irritated. The optician said the same as the dentist, it's my sinus condition.

Anyone else have this?

Anyone else had an op for this and did it work?

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm having the same kind of problems at the moment. Recently seen ent doctor who found a swelling in my nasal cavity. Currently waiting for am mri. Terrible ear and nose pressure also my back teeth are very painful. Needless to say I'm worried sick. I hope you recover soon.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Awful isn't it? Sometimes I think this will literally be the death of me!

Did you have the camera is the nose? That was very helpful for me.

Hope you recover soon as well. X

• Posted

Yes I also had the camera up the nostril it was uncomfortable that is where the tissue was found. I suffer with anxiety aswell so as you can imagine I will be a bag of nerves until results of mri are through.
    • Posted

Oh no. Awful.

Yes, I remember the pain of the camera, after she said it shouldnt hurt!

I would push it, I've suffered in silence for years and my gp said maybe I've fallen off the radar at the hospital because 3 years is a long time with that condition.

• Posted

I have the same. I suffer with constant Ryhinitis and this year started getting weeping eye constantly. The eye sort of aches, had two lots of glasses in the last 9 months in case it was eye strain. Option gave all the tests, but all normal. So again on antibiotics as pain around eye socket and down one side of nose. In March I had the worst head pain down left back of head ever, stayed up all night putting cold flannels on head. Antibiotics given and drain from left side nostril nasty, pluss small clot after a couple of days. All problems on left side of head. I want the camera up nostril to see what is going on too. I hope you both get sorted, you have had this a long time.
  • Posted

Oh no, definitely get the camera, I suffered for years before that not knowing why the pain was so bad and even scans didn't pick it up. The camera saw the nasal spur on the left impacting and infection everywhere, antibiotics helped a bit but only an operation will cure it - hopefully.

Did the antibiotics help for you?

I'm thinking maybe I should ask for some, got woken up again in the early hours with throbbing eye pain and my eye watering like crazy, feel like I'd been poked.

Thanks for your lovely reply.

• Posted

Didn't to be told TMI 😂 so didn't want to be too graphic. But the drain happened following day after taking strong antibiotics for this powerful headache. The pillow was stained brown two nights running also during the day. I felt a movement during second day, of antibiotics inside my nose, when a blood clot size of baked bean came out. This was not in March this year. Antibiotics help a bit, I get most afternoons pain above eye close to bridge of nose. Hate keep going to docs, at the moment NHS is free thank goodness. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.