Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +3 following
lexi28725 lexi28725

First time cellulitis patient. Please help.

Hello forum. I am all the way from South Africa and I need help, I don't know what to do anymore. I have seen 3 doctor's who have all confirmed that I have cellulitis of the toes. I have been put on a course of oral antibiotics and now that I'm nearing the end of the course I have seen very little change. My baby toe has started turning yellow and I have no feeling in it anymore. Just below my toes have started going yellow and callous. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

20 Replies

• cheryl90571 cheryl90571 lexi28725

Hi Lexi!

Welcome!♥️

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this!

My mother-in-law got a spider bite a number of years ago which seemed to start her trouble with cellulitis. Hers returns when she has some infection in another part of her body. Most recently her cellulitis returned when she contracted Shingles.

There are different antibiotics to try. Some work much better with one person yet hardly at all with another person. When I had a urinary tract infections several years ago I mentioned that I could not take Penicillin but Erythromycin had worked well for me when I had bronchitis several years before. Doc said Erythromycin wouldn't touch my UTI. He gave me Cypro which knocked the heck out of my UTI!😁

Go see your doctor ASAP. Keep vigilant until you feel better again.

Let us know how you are doing, OK?

Sending prayers for health and recovery to you tonight!♥️

• lexi28725 lexi28725

I am off to the hospital now, to see what is going on with these toes. Will keep you all posted

• pauluk60 pauluk60 lexi28725

hi lexi if you got a strong tum google cellulitus and then go to images frightening some of them   i take anti histamine tabs hay fever but also work on other things itching one of them would ask chemist or doc if ok to take with a/bs i take them

• lexi28725 lexi28725

Sorry for the late reply just got discharged from the hospital today. Well the extended antibiotics did not work so I was put into hospital for the IV antibiotics which again started making it worse so I had to go in for surgery so that the doc could scrape off all the infected skin. I'm off from work for a full week and have a follow up appointment on Wednesday.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.