First time cellulitis patient. Please help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello forum. I am all the way from South Africa and I need help, I don't know what to do anymore. I have seen 3 doctor's who have all confirmed that I have cellulitis of the toes. I have been put on a course of oral antibiotics and now that I'm nearing the end of the course I have seen very little change. My baby toe has started turning yellow and I have no feeling in it anymore. Just below my toes have started going yellow and callous. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi lexi are you in uk and are you registered with a surgery  what part of uk if near  hospital goto a/e and get it sorted asp i have had cellulitis but not with your symptoms  if its getting worse needs sorting
    • Posted

No I'm not in the UK. I will be going to a doctor again tomorrow hopefully he/she will help me.

• Posted

Hi Lexi!

Welcome!??

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this!

My mother-in-law got a spider bite a number of years ago which seemed to start her trouble with cellulitis. Hers returns when she has some infection in another part of her body. Most recently her cellulitis returned when she contracted Shingles.

There are different antibiotics to try. Some work much better with one person yet hardly at all with another person. When I had a urinary tract infections several years ago I mentioned that I could not take Penicillin but Erythromycin had worked well for me when I had bronchitis several years before. Doc said Erythromycin wouldn't touch my UTI. He gave me Cypro which knocked the heck out of my UTI!😁

Go see your doctor ASAP. Keep vigilant until you feel better again.

Let us know how you are doing, OK?

Sending prayers for health and recovery to you tonight!??

• Posted

I am off to the hospital now, to see what is going on with these toes. Will keep you all posted
    • Posted

So I'm back from the hospital. Apparently infected toes will cellulitis need a 10day course of antibiotics. So received more meds. With regards to my yellow numb toe...its apparently normal for swollen toes.

So yay more meds *sarcasm *

• Posted

Glad to hear that you are receiving your antibiotics! Just curious...Did Doc give you a different kind?

Rest, read the "rules" that go with these antibiotics, follow those "rules" to the letter, REST, and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Keep us posted on how you are doing, Ok???

• Posted

No received the same antibiotics...just another 10 (2 a day for 5 days) oh yes! Following all the rules. Will defiantly keep you posted on my toe trepidation. Thank you for caring.

• Posted

Those antibiotics will get to work, and you'll be better very soon! Looking forward to hearing you are cellulitis free!??

• Posted

well lexi at least you will feel better for knowing you must watch cellulitus it can get naughty as i very well know scared to death of races through my system wow leave it at that cu

• Posted

Yea it's peace of mind....but it's still a long road to recovery. The itching and burning is driving me up the wall

• Posted

hi lexi if you got a strong tum google cellulitus and then go to images frightening some of them   i take anti histamine tabs hay fever but also work on other things itching one of them would ask chemist or doc if ok to take with a/bs i take them
    • Posted

I've googled the pics 😲! So gross. I think those pics motivated me to get to a doc this morning.

I have relied on ice to ease the itch and burning sensation

• Posted

So officially a patient in hospital. Let's see what the orthopedic surgeon has to say

• Posted

Goodness! What happened? Did you feel worse after starting the extended antibiotics?

They will take good care of you in the hospital. Please keep us posted!

Sending prayers of calm and strength and patience tonight!♥️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.