First time dealing with Cellulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all - I'm in the U.S. and am having an issue with staph? and cellulitis on my leg. It started as a VERY itchy bump on the inside of my left thigh/knee. I woke up 2 weeks ago today scratching it in my sleep. I thought it was a bug bite, as I think I've had staph folliculitis for a while, but it didn't look like what i'm used to. Over the next few days, a pinkness formed around the initial itchy bump, and then by the end of the week my leg was aching. I went to the ER last Friday Sept 29th, and they said it was a bug bite that got infected. They gave me Keflex to take, 4 times a day for 7 days. I took this exactly as directed, but found no relief with the leg pain. By day 5 on Keflex, I developed multiple bumps on my right forearm. I went back to the doctor on this past Friday October 6th, and they gave me Clindamycin to try instead. Have been on that for 2 full days, and still have leg pain, it's a dull ache, but the area doesn't appear to be very red, it's more pink? I'm just wondering what is going on. Should I go back to the doctor because my leg still hurts? And what is this sore in my mouth, is it staph as well?? UGH. I've been dealing with this for years and am getting very fed up. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

George

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi George i do get cellulitis but different symptoms to you best i can say if your feeling uncomfortable with it you have to go to doc or we call a/e to get checked up
  • Posted

Hello be consistent with the doctor's I had to see 5 before they did anything with my cellulitis. I ended up having to have surgery which probably could have been avoided if the first doctor knew what he was doing and was not so calm about it. Good luck and all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.