First time taken Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took half my dose cause am paranoid about taking meds turns out the side effects have made me feel really dazed and disorientated just from 7mg and my dr wants me to go just go straight 15 pretty damn scared to take the 15 if 7 did this to me 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Side effects from any drug can be expected and not the same for all. I take 30mg of mirtazapine and have adjusted well. Apparently your Doctor feels that it's the right way to go for you. Worse that can happen is you try the higher dose and if you feel it does more harm than good you return to your Doctor for a change.

• Posted

I AM ON MY FOURTH DAY 30MG WITH 275 VENAFLAXINE. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON IT.TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER TO TAKE WITH XANAX OR ADERALL .GOT ANY IDEAS .70YRS OLD WITH TRD. SO FAR I AM JUST TIRED.
    • Posted

About a year and a half at 30mg plus 10mg escitalopram since October.  Not sure what TRD is.
    • Posted

heey james. sorry to bother you    After eight days was feeling  pretty good then ll of a sudden I got very weak and anxious and dizzy. Felt  like ablood sugar attack but blood wasonly slightly elevted.did not fel like anxiety but must have .still going on but much less.anything like that happened to you. firsy eight days no side effects at all.what do you think/ scared the s**tout of me ,
    • Posted

If you consume alcohol while on SSRI's you can have something akin to an anxiety attack. It can be pretty scary. Other than that I don't have any idea what your problem is.

• Posted

My experience on 15mgs is perfect( apart from weight gain) I dropped to 7.5 for 3 weeks, nitemare, couldn't keep my eyes open during the day & foggy head. Went back up to 15👍

• Posted

I AM A NEW MEMBER .WHAT ELSE DO YOU TAKE. WHAT OTHER MEDS HAVE YOU.TRIED. I JUST STARTED . 4 DAYS.MIRTAZAPINE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.