First treatment center

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 25 years old and I’ve been battling with alcohol for the past 5 years.  It recently ended when I couldn’t maintain a job and was ruining relationships that I have with my girlfriend and family.  I was drinking a fifth of vodka a day and sometimes more.  I felt hopelessness and asked for help.  I just finished inpatient rehab and now am home going to meetings every night and doing outpatient therapy.  My main take away was to take things one day at a time and that’s what I’m currently doing.  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How long did you spend in rehab? Well done. Did you make new friends in there?
    • Posted

28 days and yes I met some great people that I’ll stay in touch with.  I’m trying to focus on myself for now and taking it one day at a time.  Also got the vivitrol shot prior to leaving. 
    • Posted

Sounds positive. Well done. Are you encouraged in there to keep in contact with people you met I there for example in a WhatsApp group or similar?
  • Posted

Hi Jake

Sorry to hear you had to go thru detox. Well done though. Now comes the tough part. Are the meetings with AA? My OH did well with the meetings for 2 years.

Let us know how you get on

Kind Regards

JulieAnne

• Posted

I went to a meeting last night and the meetings are AA.  I’m about to start going through the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
    • Posted

Great what you have achieved. Soon one month sober, then 3 and then oneyear. You can do it.😁

• Posted

Robin is right. Those days will soon mount up.

OH took a long time for each step. AA wasn't easy at times because he is not particularly religious but it still worked for him for 2 years

Crossing everything for you

JulieAnne

• Posted

Thanks for the support! My mind is in a very good spot for the most part.  
    • Posted

Think of alcohol as a poison! If you have ONE drink you will die! That is how I have stayed sober for5 1/2 ye ars. I know that just one drink will lead to more and more and I cannot control it since I cannot control myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.