First weigh in

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just back from nurse for first official weigh in.

3 weeks on tabs

weight loss to date 5 kg or 11 lbs

7cms or 3 inches off the waist

Asked about the fat levels stating that quite a few people were confused.

Nurse says that 15 g fat per day is a bit too low. Around 25g per day is fine as body needs some fat for hair, skin, nails etc. Too much would increase cholestrol levels. As I am diabetic have to keep below 4.5 ,fortunately mine is 3 .

Have now got precription for another month, so keeping fingers crossed.

She was very interested in the new Wii Active I mentioned. She is thinking of getting one for her husband.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well done for you...keep going...interesting what the nurse said about the fat level....I'm finding all the conflicting advice very confusing too.
  • Posted

Same here, that's why I asked. Lowered my fat level from Friday last week thinking that would help, but apparently not. Nurse was so pleased and said losing too much too fast was not good for you. Anyway back to eating a few nuts a day to make fat levels up. Says not to each too many as they are high in cholestrol which is also not a good thing. One good thing about it she says it will be doing be diabetes good.
  • Posted

jondave - have you had any written information from MAP assist? Seems the drug company are not giving us the support and advice needed. I once rang the telephone number only to be told off for doing so...told I had to register on line (which I did) but as yet not a toot from the support group...which is a misnomer..'support'....only the folk here are morally supporting each other and wallowing about in all the differing advice. Yes, losing weight this way is slow but then it took a long time to put it all on...we'll plod on even though my weight loss has slowed down considerably but there is no better feeling that being able to get into clothes previously too small, is there?
  • Posted

Hi, nothing from MAP assist. Was going on what was on this forum. Feel better now I have spoken to the nurse. She was over the moon said I was doing everything right. I am exercising on the Wii active, 20 mins a day, 5 days a week and that is a great game!!! Even though it was 11 lbs she could see a difference. But 3 inches off my waist was incredible. Can't wait to get into some old clothes. Bought some clothes for my holidays a couple of months ago, you know what it is like to be big, you have to buy them when you find them. Now think they are going to be too big. Will try and take them in a bit nearer the time.
  • Posted

Aah....someone else who takes things in....isn't it great.....I won't buy a panelled skirt as they are too hard to take in! Too many seams. Isn't it great to be taking things in!
  • Posted

Hopefully won't have to take in too many clothes as I intend spending when I get some more weight off. Tried some old dresses on tonight and two now fit comfortable. The rest are still a bit on the tight side but hoping it won't be for much longer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.